YT reveal smaller wheeled Jeffsy 27 trail bike

News bot

Nice, but as usual we are ripped off in SA. The cheapest model is a R30k bike in the UK or EU but we are charged close to R50k for it? The same applies to other dealers and brands. Friend bought a Yeti ASR a year so so back - cost under R70k. Now his Epic partner just paid R100k for the same bike. Exchange rate has improved of late but the price goes up 40%! 

Nice looking bike. @ under R30k if you got it in the UK for the 'base' alu model with its Pike, Deluxe and a good bit of GX it's makes a lot of sense and the direct sales model works. @ R46K here it's slightly less attractive but sits in a well populated bracket. 

Nice looking bike. @ under R30k if you got it in the UK for the 'base' alu model with its Pike, Deluxe and a good bit of GX it's makes a lot of sense and the direct sales model works. @ R46K here it's slightly less attractive but sits in a well populated bracket. 

dude, if it was 30k here.....WOW. 

Even with the 15% duty on the full price, you're at a ticket price of R 34k. The price shown there incl VAT in countries apart from the States. 

Notsodirect sales model. 

I am p*ssing myself at the industry right now.

All of a sudden we're swinging back towards trail bikes with more sensible geometry numbers as our go-to bike.  A year ago people were falling over themselves to try and get more travel, slacker angles and longer wheelbases on everything. In 2015 short travel, but slack AF was the rage.  Next year?  Mid-travel, and efficient angles? *GASP* You mean like bikes were in 2014?

And guess what, you're still going to ride the way you rode, with the people you rode, where you rode.

So as always, #gof*ckyourselfbikeindustry

dude, if it was 30k here.....WOW. 

Even with the 15% duty on the full price, you're at a ticket price of R 34k. The price shown there incl VAT in countries apart from the States. 

Notsodirect sales model. 

So would they ship here?  Would it be cheaper to just have it DHL'ed and take the duties knock?  If so, that must be the death-knell for the local distributor, no?

Close to a R17k price difference on the cheapest model compared to Europe. You could almost justify a quick European holiday to make up the difference!

Almost? You can definitely go over to a bikepark for a week with a boxed cash crusaders special go ride your YT in the parks for 5 days and come back a winner.

So would they ship here?  Would it be cheaper to just have it DHL'ed and take the duties knock?  If so, that must be the death-knell for the local distributor, no?

1. Take the 50k

2. Order the bike for Euro delivery. I'm not sure where. Maybe somewhere random like.... I don't know. Morzine? I've heard there are some ok trails there.

3. Go spend a week in this Morzine place getting to know the bike

4. Come home.

no, afaik you HAVE to go through the local guys. 

I see the ZAR is back to pre-August 2015 levels again...flirting with sub-13 to the USD.  These prices aren't adding up.

I see the ZAR is back to pre-August 2015 levels again...flirting with sub-13 to the USD.  These prices aren't adding up.

and unlike the differences we talked about last year (giant price vs spaz price and the Reign Adv 1's hike to ~ 75k from 50k) these ones can't be explained away with exchange rate fluctuations. 

Edited by Myles Mayhew