[Event] Momentum Health Tankwa Trek, Presented By Biogen

Dryland Event Management

Event Name: Momentum Health Tankwa Trek, Presented By Biogen
When: 8 February 2018 - 11 February 2018
Where: Kaleo Manor, Western Cape
Category: MTB

The Momentum Health Tankwa Trek, presented by Biogen is South Africa’s premier 3 day MTB stage race. Traversing the rocky Witzenberg Valley, scaling the heights of the Merino Monster and zig-zagging through the bolder fields of the Koue Bokkeveld this UCI accredited race attracts some of the world’s best mountain bikers.

www.tankwatrek.co.za

Go to Event Page

hubevents-102195-0-78059600-1487161192_thumb.jpg

• 7 months later...

So we've entered the 2018 Tankwa Trek. Looks hard as nails. Eagerly, yet nervously, looking forward.

Anyone out there that have done this? Any insights to share?

So we've entered the 2018 Tankwa Trek. Looks hard as nails. Eagerly, yet nervously, looking forward.

Anyone out there that have done this? Any insights to share?

I was lucky enough to do it this year. Brutal but absolutely incredible route! Wonderful hospitality as well- you'll put on weight from the great food.

Get comfortable riding:

• in heat
  • on rocky terrain
  • hills

I was lucky enough to do it this year. Brutal but absolutely incredible route! Wonderful hospitality as well- you'll put on weight from the great food.

Get comfortable riding:

• in heat
  • on rocky terrain
  • hills

Thanks for the reply.

I've been in that neck of the woods in December and have experienced the heat. I believe Feb is even hotter. Will be visiting Holla Trails in December which should also help for some heat conditioning. Different type of heat, but still...

Been eyeing that Merino monster climb. It does look like a monster indeed.

• 1 month later...

Also entered . Rumor has it that it is the most difficult 3 day stage race in SA. Hope all is rideable .

Also entered . Rumor has it that it is the most difficult 3 day stage race in SA. Hope all is rideable .

Everything is ridable, except if you are from a roady background and not yet used to a bit of technical riding here or there on a mtb, then just walk it.

Going down the Merino Monster was the hardest and most exhaustive part of the 3 days for me. So take it easy going down there, hold onto your dentures, it’s very bumpy.

If you put in your 8 hours a week you will be fine and absolutely love it! The food and the water points is top notch.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Take me with!!  :w00t:  Still have an open score to settle from previous two episodes!

1st one - day 3 stomach bug

2nd one - day two bonk at foot of Merino.

3rd one - need an entry!! anybody looking for a pawdner??

Looking forward to this one! Just hope I have done enough training after having to take December off!  :eek:

It's getting close now. Nervously excited! Expecting three days in the pain cave.

Sent from my VKY-L09 using Tapatalk

Ready to go...if anyone isn't ready or is looking for a capable partner. Have serious FOMO...