[Event] Momentum Health Attakwas MTB, Presented By Biogen

Dryland Event Management

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 10 months later...

Wow No 2019 thread, I can only assume it's because guys are too busy training or too shirtless scared to be reminded what they signed up for  :ph34r:

Surely its not too early to start daily weather monitoring in a hope we don't have a repeat of 2018. I'll take the heat anytime over mud & rain. Thus far the long term weather shows rain for Friday cannot see Saturday yet.

Aaah mannnnn!!! Wanted to do this sooo bad...started training in october and all were going well untill I had a stupid front wheel wipeout. Normally theyre not too bad but this time my knee got too much friction when it hit the gravel and rocks so it opened up. Few stitches and two weeks off the bike nullify the hard work a little. Sorry for the tears...now I feel better...not!

Hope the rest of you have a great one. Send my love to The Hell Of The South.

Weather here is warm and humid, hope for you people for some cooler weather on race day. If it stays like this it's going to be a dusty, sunny and warm day.

Remember that you can sleep over in a tent or caravan as we have lots of camping sites available at R200 for 2 people and R80/additional person per site.

We still have one 6 sleeper Plettenberg home available that's fully equipped for 6 people. 2 x double beds and one bunker bed at R800/night for a minimum of 2 nights.

For availability phone the Pine Creek office during office hours at 0446202434.

Pine Creek Caravan Park, Groot Brak Rivier, start of mini Attakwas and finish area of both the mini and extreme Attakwas.

3f5903bfc28f9e121f54f00341d39c45.jpg88f4aa3fd347c65feb80465343b2c235.jpg

Edited by BSG

Just a reminder that we have 2 ablution facilities available, one is at the race finish and the other one is as one comes down the last downhill into the park down the 2 spoor cement road and turning left before the wooden houses it's immediately on your left. So one passes between the 1st ablution and the wooden houses.

Good luck to all the participants.

Keep the rubber on the gravel.

Where is the best place to stay for the Friday night? Oudtshoorn or George/Hartenbos side?

Definitely Oudtshoorn, A nice 20-30 min cycle to the start venue as a warm up from the center of town or after you've dropped off your vehicle at the Transfers which would give you a nice 10-15min warm up. I've chosen the latter option.

always heard of the "technical climbs" of this race... are they early on? 

would starting in a lower seeding group make a massive difference to your ride?