News bot

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

International pricing

AM Quarq ShockWiz: $399 / €419 / £359 / AUD $529

AM Quarq ShockWiz Direct Mount: $449 / €469 / £409 / AUD $579. Dedicated version for inverted forks such as the RockShox RS-1.

HA ha HA ha HA ha HA

GTFO of town, SRAM.

You could probably do fairly well renting it out at R500/week or something along those lines. I can't imagine there are many riders who need to have their own one permanently. I wouldn't mind getting my hands on one for a few days - I know my suspension setup is terrible.

A good idea to see how your forks are tuned if you could rent it for a week. I'm a set and forget'r but there are nerds who tinker endlessly. I'd just like to know if I'm anywhere near the right settings as I've never done laps adjusting this thing and that thing. I'd rent it for a week, get my settings adjusted and then superglue all the dials. 

I think every bike shop should invest in these and include a week's use for free when you purchase a new bike.

I also think that all shops should include a bike fit in the pricing of a new bike too. Just like a poorly set up riding position, poorly set up suspension can ruin what would normally be a good bike.

I think every bike shop should invest in these and include a week's use for free when you purchase a new bike.

I also think that all shops should include a bike fit in the pricing of a new bike too. Just like a poorly set up riding position, poorly set up suspension can ruin what would normally be a good bike.

But that would imply the bike shop actually provided a service with your purchase. What's next? A 12 month service plan?

Isn't waiting 2+ weeks for stock to arrive, and no demo models available already enough?  :whistling:

Edited by stefmeister

If you open the Brain on the fork/shock, it should give accurate feedback on what the fork/shock is doing. Get the settings right and set the Brain again. Am I right in thinking this?

Price is a bit ridiculous though.

If you open the Brain on the fork/shock, it should give accurate feedback on what the fork/shock is doing. Get the settings right and set the Brain again. Am I right in thinking this?

Price is a bit ridiculous though.

How exactly you set how sensitive the inertia valve is and that is basically all the brain does , other than that your rebound and commpresion is the same as any other fork.

Edited by BaGearA

But that would imply the bike shop actually provided a service with your purchase. What's next? A 12 month service plan?

Isn't waiting 2+ weeks for stock to arrive, and no demo models available already enough? :whistling:

I guess I am shopping at the right shops then. I've never had issues with stock to come or demo bikes to try out. Hell the shops I go to even makes a mean Espresso to enjoy while I chit-chat to the owners / staff. But back on-topic. Value-add in the delivery of a service will be key to bike shops that want to be successful going forward.