Quarq introduce ShockWiz suspension tuning system

News bot

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

reverse engineering this is not a big deal.

pressure sensor - 5$

3 axis accelermoeter - 10$

if it really works, then someone else will do the work

pressure sensor - 5$

Lets go into business , we'll sell them for R2000 and call them shoc-doc  :whistling:

Patent pending

This thing is aimed at Enduro and DH riders in the main I suspect. Short travel suspension presents far fewer tuning issues/options than the 120mm and over department. As forks and shocks get more settings parameters a device like this becomes more useful. But at that price they can keep it. 

+ Arduino or Raspberry Pi

pressure sensor - 5$

+ Arduino or Raspberry Pi

i think the true value of shockwiz resides within the software and the thousands of existing data points the device seems to rely on to make recommendations on changes to the shock&fork settings. the hardware in comparison, is childsplay.

Edited by Capricorn

i think the true value of shockwiz resides within the software and the thousands of existing data points the device seems to rely on to make recommendations on changes to the settings. the hardware in comparison, is childsplay.

True , I can program arduinos pretty extensively but would have no idea how to interpret the data that comes back and that where the app comes into its own

Looks nice, but sure once the shock pressures are tuned in they are tuned in, and you can dot them down and top up to that.

Don't quite understand how this will be something fitted permanently on a bike...

Looks nice, but sure once the shock pressures are tuned in they are tuned in, and you can dot them down and top up to that.

Don't quite understand how this will be something fitted permanently on a bike...

I think the aim would be to fine-tune suspension for the type of ride you intend doing and to see how changing one variable affects other variables (think about the downforce setup of a F1 car for various tracks). Imagine doing a few practice runs for a DH race and being able to review various suspension setups for your timed run. It certainly has some appeal.

I think the aim would be to fine-tune suspension for the type of ride you intend doing and to see how changing one variable affects other variables (think about the downforce setup of a F1 car for various tracks). Imagine doing a few practice runs for a DH race and being able to review various suspension setups for your timed run. It certainly has some appeal.

Lets say the improvement is 5% ( I don't believe you'd be able to improve much more with this tool) its still 5k-6k for that small margin.

And to the guys who 5% matter to like pro downhill or enduro riders they already know exactly what they need from their suspension and don't need A tool like this to tell them that. Their bodies are probably more sensitive to how the suspension setup must be to get the most out of it.

Lets say the improvement is 5% ( I don't believe you'd be able to improve much more with this tool) its still 5k-6k for that small margin.

And to the guys who 5% matter to like pro downhill or enduro riders they already know exactly what they need from their suspension and don't need A tool like this to tell them that. Their bodies are probably more sensitive to how the suspension setup must be to get the most out of it.

I think the ShoxkWiz only has value in mid-to long travel bikes. It's pointless to use this on something like a 100mm bike, as the range of suspension tuning that you can really do is so limited.

I think the ShoxkWiz only has value in mid-to long travel bikes. It's pointless to use this on something like a 100mm bike, as the range of suspension tuning that you can really do is so limited.

Don't you think that it is not the opposite? With only a 100mm of travel, it is more important to be setup correctly? You do not have the luxury of those extra mm?

Don't you think that it is not the opposite? With only a 100mm of travel, it is more important to be setup correctly? You do not have the luxury of those extra mm?

was thinking the same thing, especially wrt XCO.