Anyone using Zwift?

hi Guys, how much data would a typical 60min zwift workout use if I want to use my 3g. just wan to make sure it will work with 3g ?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hi Guys, how much data would a typical 60min zwift workout use if I want to use my 3g. just wan to make sure it will work with 3g ?

I have not used on cellular before. Only over wifi at home.

It will definitely work on cellular. Perhaps ask google, I'm sure there are peeps out there that has done the exercise ( no pun intended)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Been using it for 4 mornings now, really enjoy it. Was lucky to have had 2 "worlds" and it shows that there are many options to explore. I haven't done the workouts or grouprides yet, I just choose a route and do 2 laps if I can.

Real fun part for me is to find somebody that also goes along at about 2w/kg as we then tend to be able to cycle together. Seems I go harder then though, maybe just a bit of competition. Amazing to be pushing maybe 150% FTP (in my case about 300w) and then still have people fly past in a group!!

Also fun seeing some other RSA flags on the route. Really glad I started with this. No technical problems thus far either with Powerbeam and BLE

• 2 weeks later...

Started doing a 6 week plan this week, enjoy the interface more than the virtual training software. One hickup is that the intervals include 30sec at about 175% FTP and then back to 1min50sec at 65% (cant remember exact %). I ju-u-ust manage to get to the higher FTP before time runs out so normally manage to " pass" that segment, but tend to fail the recovery segment presumably because my FTP is too high. Only way I managed to get a " perfect" is by braking in order to get the FTP down quickly enough. Only bothers the OCD part of me when I don't get tick-marks everywhere :-) 

Started doing a 6 week plan this week, enjoy the interface more than the virtual training software. One hickup is that the intervals include 30sec at about 175% FTP and then back to 1min50sec at 65% (cant remember exact %). I ju-u-ust manage to get to the higher FTP before time runs out so normally manage to " pass" that segment, but tend to fail the recovery segment presumably because my FTP is too high. Only way I managed to get a " perfect" is by braking in order to get the FTP down quickly enough. Only bothers the OCD part of me when I don't get tick-marks everywhere :-) 

Just a Q, do you wait for the resistance on your trainer to go up before you put the hammer down? I dunnow if whit I do is cheating, but in the last 5secs, I increase my cadence so that the step up in resistance is more manageable.

Just a Q, do you wait for the resistance on your trainer to go up before you put the hammer down? I dunnow if whit I do is cheating, but in the last 5secs, I increase my cadence so that the step up in resistance is more manageable.

also doing it like that

Yes. I go to heavier gearing and start increasing cadence a few seconds before. But still takes me a while to get up to what is required *blush*.

How do you handled it afterwards? Just stop pedaling until the power output is low enough again?

Yes. I go to heavier gearing and start increasing cadence a few seconds before. But still takes me a while to get up to what is required *blush*.

How do you handled it afterwards? Just stop pedaling until the power output is low enough again?

keep pedaling, but "softer" it's not actually the cadence or speed, but more the pressure that gets applied to the drivetrain.

on level 25 and waiting for my "Tron Bike" to unlock :clap:

Make sure you have the Everest challenge selected. Then just do the mountain route alot. I landed up climbing 67km before I managed to get my tron bike because I did the California challenge first.

• 4 weeks later...

For the first time a workout didn't save to the Zwift site, must've miss-clicked the save button  :thumbdown: Can't see an option on the phone to retrieve and save it again, anybody seen that?

Update: Found the .fit file on my phone by using ifunbox, upload to Strava was successful so the recording of the ride wasn't corrupt. Any ideas on how to reflect it on Zwift itself?

Edited by Joeboy69