Anyone using Zwift?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What connection are you guys using while Zwifting?

Ant+ or Bluetooth? and why?

Bluetooth but on Mac. I believe Windows 10 has some connectivity issues with Bluetooth so it's recommended to use Ant+

Ant+ dongle on a 2m extension so it sits next to my trainer.

On windows laptop, maybe had issues 2-3 times with drop outs in about 4 years.

WIN = Ant+.......Because it just works - BT will send you down a rabbit hole you won't get our of.

IOS = BT.......Because it also "just" works and the idiots at Apple decided in their infinite wisdom not to include Ant+ in their devices or the ability to connect an Ant+ dongle.

On my PC (for races) - ANT+ with a long extension to a powered USB hub right next to me. No dropouts since adding the powered hub (although I've probably jinxed it now).

On my tablet, Bluetooth because Huawei changed (read: broke) something in their latest update with regards to permissions for services. One in every three or so rides don't have a total dropout of the trainer, followed by hurriedly going into the menus to re-pair.

Edited by HdB

I have a powertap hub and use zwift with either an android phone or tablet. Experienced lots of dropouts with ant+ to the point that I bought the smart cap for the hub which uses bluetooth, and that has never failed. The ant+ seems to work very well for garmins and pcs, not sure why the difference.

Laptop, windows, BT, because I'm too lazy to buy an ANT jobbie - as I've read they do actually work better.

Currently I drop prob every 3rd or 4th ride.  :mellow:  Luckily I rarely do races

Win 10. laptop with ANT.

BT worked fine (apart from my HR monitor) until a windows update broke it. Same story with both of my laptops. I tried to roll back the update and install different BT drivers but still no dice. I've read a few forums that spoke about some bluetooth speakers conking out after a windows update so I have to assume my issue is related.

Anyway. Bought an ANT goodie and I've had zero issues since.

So who is running what virtual bike in Zwift?

Currently I have the Emonda frame you get from the elevation challenge, plus ENVE SES 3.6 wheels. 

See comments above... told you so  :whistling:

Currently I have the Emonda frame you get from the elevation challenge, plus ENVE SES 3.6 wheels. 

Tron with mixed colours...

I feel like drop points are like eBucks - just wanna save em and not use em  :ph34r:

Tron bike most of the time. Occasionally I switch to the Scott Foil with Zipp 454s (my real bike is the Foil Disc 20).

Tron bike most of the time. Occasionally I switch to the Scott Foil with Zipp 454s (my real bike is the Foil Disc 20).

The make of my IRL bike is not even in the game. 

I assume that nobody uses their cycling computer while zwifting, and you just connect your HR monitor smart trainer etc and get the data displayed on the HUD on Zwift and then it gets sent to Garmin / Strava when you end the activity?