Anyone using Zwift?

Tron with mixed colours...

I feel like drop points are like eBucks - just wanna save em and not use em  :ph34r:

Same.. saving my drops until they become "a real crypto currency" and I can sell it for actual $ to newbies who don't want to put in the work to get the gear. Zwifting will become like Bitcoin mining.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Zwifters -

I'm training on Zwift.....connect to Laptop via Bluetooth but seem like connection is dropping sometimes.

Got myself ant+ dongle and ant+ extention cable, but zwift doesn't pick up the ant+ only bluetooth.

I've switched off the BLE to see if it will work that way, but no luck, restarted PC, still no luck.

Anyone experienced this before? or any advice?

Try connecting your trainer (and HRM) via the companion app (Bluetooth) on your phone and continue to run Zwift on your laptop. 

Start companion app, switch on your trainer then start Zwift on your laptop. 

It's how I run mine and (touch wood) never had an issue.

I think it is probably down to how you apply the power?

In ERG mode I just stay seated, only cadence adjusting depending on the interval. On the road, a jump from 200W to say 400W would probably mean you drop a gear, get out of the saddle, and hammer a bit to respond to the attack or whatever.

Just a guess.

I rode on the trainer every day from 29 March to 31 Jul, and I didn't forget how to ride outside (in fact, 1 Aug was the most enjoyable ride EVER! even though I've ridden that same route hundreds of times before). But I can imagine a situation where someone too used to ERG can get caught out in the wrong gear on a climb, for example

So who is running what virtual bike in Zwift?

Currently I have the Emonda frame you get from the elevation challenge, plus ENVE SES 3.6 wheels. 

Worked hard for it, so Tron bike of course.

Saw a guy the other day on facebook forum saying he is at 60km of climbing and no sign of tron bike yet.

Never selected the challenge...

Ouch.

Try connecting your trainer (and HRM) via the companion app (Bluetooth) on your phone and continue to run Zwift on your laptop. 

Start companion app, switch on your trainer then start Zwift on your laptop. 

It's how I run mine and (touch wood) never had an issue.

Yes.....might switch back to bluetooth connection, but apparently ant+ more stable

Yes.....might switch back to bluetooth connection, but apparently ant+ more stable

Running ANT+ since beginning of zwift. Never had issues while there are a lot of complaints of connections dropping.

Edited by Gerhard765

Hi Zwifters -

I'm training on Zwift.....connect to Laptop via Bluetooth but seem like connection is dropping sometimes.

Got myself ant+ dongle and ant+ extention cable, but zwift doesn't pick up the ant+ only bluetooth.

I've switched off the BLE to see if it will work that way, but no luck, restarted PC, still no luck.

Anyone experienced this before? or any advice?

What are you seeing here?

If Zwift picks up your ANT+ dongle as connected, it will look like this. Try clicking on it? Can't remember if I had to click on it the first time I used Ant+ instead of Bluetooth.

post-119556-0-04312000-1598600918_thumb.jpg

Read the post again. It's not about easier/harder - its about getting mentally lazy about riding a bike outdoors.

it says forgetting to use gears outdoors, if this happens then you shouldnt be on a bike.

it says forgetting to use gears outdoors, if this happens then you shouldnt be on a bike.

If your views are this binary you shouldn't be on discussion boards.

What are you seeing here?

If Zwift picks up your ANT+ dongle as connected, it will look like this. Try clicking on it? Can't remember if I had to click on it the first time I used Ant+ instead of Bluetooth.

attachicon.gifAnt+.jpg

YES....I think you are correct!

But after plugging in ANT+ dongle .......I have USB errors!

So I've tried everything, updating windows, updating drivers, uninstall & re-install.....few youtube videos as well :-)

No luck.....so moving back to bluetooth!

post-32445-0-15693700-1598601982_thumb.jpg

Thanks for that.

My second question for coach would be - in Zwift, you have the choice between ERG and Incline, and even within Incline you can choose the severity. How do you pick which level you have to do you interval at?

attachicon.gif20200827_191158.jpg

Based on what the coach has said I'm going to train exclusively in Incline and see what happens.

I've actually had that discussion with her pre-zwift when I was doing my workouts built on the TACX software and it pretty much comes down to getting a feel of your body - after a few months of training I had a pretty good idea that if she said I needed to ride at 60-70% FTP that would be on 2%, 70-80% was 3% and above 80% was 4%, and all of those were at an intensity which was very close to what it should be.  I initially tried to keep my HR and Power in the same zones by changing Cadence and Gradient but it became almost impossible to balance, and given that we were basing my program on Power, I opted to use Power as the first metric.  I'll chat to her again, but I'm pretty sure she's going to say the same thing.

YES....I think you are correct!

But after plugging in ANT+ dongle .......I have USB errors!

So I've tried everything, updating windows, updating drivers, uninstall & re-install.....few youtube videos as well :-)

No luck.....so moving back to bluetooth!

Have you tried inserting the ANT+ dongle in all your USB ports?

Weirdly, mine only works in one of the three USB ports on my laptop. No idea why. Some of the ports are USB 2.0 and some 3.0..maybe that has something to do with it?

I've actually had that discussion with her pre-zwift when I was doing my workouts built on the TACX software and it pretty much comes down to getting a feel of your body - after a few months of training I had a pretty good idea that if she said I needed to ride at 60-70% FTP that would be on 2%, 70-80% was 3% and above 80% was 4%, and all of those were at an intensity which was very close to what it should be.  I initially tried to keep my HR and Power in the same zones by changing Cadence and Gradient but it became almost impossible to balance, and given that we were basing my program on Power, I opted to use Power as the first metric.  I'll chat to her again, but I'm pretty sure she's going to say the same thing.

Interestingly enough we are experimenting a bit with Power vs. HR vs. Cadence curves of a group of her athletes to see if there is a sweet spot where an individual's cadence might naturally settle - and use this as the base - but it's all a bit experimental right now.  Ideal time to play though because with the lockdown there are no goal races so we can afford to try some new ideas.

Have you tried inserting the ANT+ dongle in all your USB ports?

Weirdly, mine only works in one of the three USB ports on my laptop. No idea why. Some of the ports are USB 2.0 and some 3.0..maybe that has something to do with it?

Yes sir..... I've tried all ports and almost everything :-(