Anyone using Zwift?

I used Rouvy for the first time in a while yesterday, and had multiple dropouts, whereas Zwift has been working seamlessly. 

On what device, also an Android tablet?

I've seen the occasional blip with Rouvy, but at least it generally reconnects by itself quite quickly.

On Zwift it was like after a Bluetooth dropout, it doesn't start reading from the trainer again. It remains connected to the trainer (blue light on the trainer) but claims "No signal".

Unfortunately ANT+ is not an option on the tablet (anymore, thanks Huawei!).

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On what device, also an Android tablet?

I've seen the occasional blip with Rouvy, but at least it generally reconnects by itself quite quickly.

On Zwift it was like after a Bluetooth dropout, it doesn't start reading from the trainer again. It remains connected to the trainer (blue light on the trainer) but claims "No signal".

Unfortunately ANT+ is not an option on the tablet (anymore, thanks Huawei!).

Windows 10 laptop with ANT+ dongle. Native BT is ***, that always drops 

Having had a less than elegant dismount from the (RL) MTB, I am now starting to gently re-introduce my knee to the art of bending.

Thankful for this controlled environment where I can rehab in peace without any external factors or having to ride twiddling my thumbs up and down a flat piece of road.

When doing a ride on zwift.....

Do you make use of zwift to sync workout / ride ect to strava and garmin connect or.....

Do you connect garmin device to smart trainer to get data info and then sync to strava and garmin connect , obviously elevation gain will not work when doing this.

I just trying to improve VO2 max and training status by using my garmin device to track fitness

Or is there any other way to do this?

When doing a ride on zwift.....

Do you make use of zwift to sync workout / ride ect to strava and garmin connect or.....

Do you connect garmin device to smart trainer to get data info and then sync to strava and garmin connect , obviously elevation gain will not work when doing this.

I just trying to improve VO2 max and training status by using my garmin device to track fitness

Or is there any other way to do this?

I sync to strava from zwift.

I have garmin connected to trainer and HRM for connect, that syncs to discovery for vitality points. 

the garmin also uploads to strava, and I delete the garmin workout from strava after my session.

Edited by RocknRolla

I sync to strava from zwift.

I have garmin connected to trainer and HRM for connect, that syncs to discovery for vitality points. 

the garmin also uploads to strava, and I delete the garmin workout from strava after my session.

I do the same. Seems like Strava detects a duplicated workout/ride/run if loaded to strava from multiple connections. Will only load the first one, and ignore the second if both are loaded in a similar time frame.

Don't know which one will be better for VO2 Max. I track mine on Garmin Connect and not on Strava as I don't have Premium.

I only have one bike .......

So I use my MTB on Kickr Core, will this have a negative impact on bearings ect?

I don't think so. Just do regular maintenance like  you would if you riding outside 100% of the time.

• 4 weeks later...

what is the feature required for the power levels of a smart trainer to be controlled by zwift?

what is the feature required for the power levels of a smart trainer to be controlled by zwift?

I think the term you're looking for is called ERG mode

• 3 weeks later...

So Tour De Zwift has been fun. Missed stage 3 (had power reading issues going up to the hut in france, and abandoned ride) as I thought i had more time.

So far I have done all distances on all the stages I have done. So will do stage 3 rides in catchup week.

Looking at the schedule there may be more catchup rides, as I'm trying to ride outside like a real cyclist over weekends.

Rode with a bunch of Saffas this morning, hard going for me, and just a regular wednesday spin for them...

It's been exactly the motivation I needed to get my ass into gear with consistent riding. Hopefully I'll keep it up. I am a very consistent inconsistent rider...

I've been a bit lost after the ZA's so floated around a bit.  Decided to get some structure and joined the 13.1mi (21km) 16 week run plan and also the Grand Fondo Cycling plan.

I'm getting the feeling after the first week that the ZA's were designed for the masses and were a little tame.

These two plans are pretty intense - to a point where I'm thinking I was a bit optimistic enrolling for both at the same time

First want to get my knee proper again, then I may add a running program. But also started with that GF cycling plan a couple of weeks ago.

Those "long ride" sessions... Man, they look so innocent on paper. But the accumulation is the mother of all evils on those. 

So Tour De Zwift has been fun. Missed stage 3 (had power reading issues going up to the hut in france, and abandoned ride) as I thought i had more time.

So far I have done all distances on all the stages I have done. So will do stage 3 rides in catchup week.

Looking at the schedule there may be more catchup rides, as I'm trying to ride outside like a real cyclist over weekends.

Rode with a bunch of Saffas this morning, hard going for me, and just a regular wednesday spin for them...

It's been exactly the motivation I needed to get my ass into gear with consistent riding. Hopefully I'll keep it up. I am a very consistent inconsistent rider...

Stage 1 thru 4 done. I was very fortunate that I scored the Lightweight wheels on stage 3 and narrowly missed a sub-1 hour, but I was on a 39-23, so hoping to "upgrade" to a 36-32 setup in the near future. 

Want to try Haute Route in February, and stage 1 already contains Epic KOM AND AdZ!! 

On a slightly different note - has anyone else used the Runn accessory to upgrade a "dumb" treadmill?

I bought one recently and it was awesome. Easy to install and does what it says on the box. Connected seamlessly to an Ipad.

Had two runs on it now and am really satisfied with my purchase - it even does run cadence which is pretty cool.