Anyone using Zwift?

someone please save me. I'm using the Kickr Core with Zwift - if I use my Dell, the app freezes constantly, requiring a shutdown and restart. If i use a mac, its perfect? 

Any ideas?

someone please save me. I'm using the Kickr Core with Zwift - if I use my Dell, the app freezes constantly, requiring a shutdown and restart. If i use a mac, its perfect? 

Any ideas?

Hi,

Sounds very unusually, since it seems you and I have identical hardware. Have you tried making contact with Zwift or checking their forums? 

Are you using BT or ANT+?

Are you on the latest updates on all devices?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

Sounds very unusually, since it seems you and I have identical hardware. Have you tried making contact with Zwift or checking their forums? 

Are you using BT or ANT+?

Are you on the latest updates on all devices?

zwift insider says the issue is internet connection, but on the net speed test i'm good. mac shows no problems with the same connection .i'm using Bluetooth on both dell and mac. all updated. the dell (brand new) only runs zwift, the mac runs a heap of stuff.

zwift insider says the issue is internet connection, but on the net speed test i'm good. mac shows no problems with the same connection .i'm using Bluetooth on both dell and mac. all updated. the dell (brand new) only runs zwift, the mac runs a heap of stuff.

Any way for you to run a LAN cable to your router, even if only temporarily, to rule out WiFi issues in the specific location where you are set-up?

Sometimes I also need to turn off the Wifi on my phone, as the reception for my computer is not ideal where I am set-up currently. (I previously had a 50m LAN cable installed to ensure a rock-solid connection, but mice/rats got to my cable and I had to fall back to Wifi, which seems to give problems every once in a while, especially when trying to stream music while riding)

Any ideas?

A mate of mine experienced the same. In the end a simple uninstall and reinstall of Zwift sorted it out.

Any way for you to run a LAN cable to your router, even if only temporarily, to rule out WiFi issues in the specific location where you are set-up?

Sometimes I also need to turn off the Wifi on my phone, as the reception for my computer is not ideal where I am set-up currently. (I previously had a 50m LAN cable installed to ensure a rock-solid connection, but mice/rats got to my cable and I had to fall back to Wifi, which seems to give problems every once in a while, especially when trying to stream music while riding)

I'd second this suggestion if you can

A mate of mine experienced the same. In the end a simple uninstall and reinstall of Zwift sorted it out.

tried that but same outcome.

I can't see the issue between the dell and the mac being different in terms of connection, but will try a lan cable or booster to see if I get a better outcome

I can't see the issue between the dell and the mac being different in terms of connection, but will try a lan cable or booster to see if I get a better outcome

Another thing you can check is your Windows sleep mode settings.. turn all that stuff off. Could happen that after 10 or 15mins of not touching your keyboard/mouse while pedaling it goes into a kind of sleep mode maybe?

Windows updates have caused some BT issues ...

Testing with a LAN cable will bypass this.

Ant+ may be another work around .... if it is a BT issue

Any ideas?

I'm sure by default, you're using the Zwift icon on your desktop to load Zwift- this is usually a shortcut to the ZwiftLauncher.exe file.

Try launch Zwift using the ZwiftApp.exe file. It's usually found here:

Your PC -> Windows © -> Program Files (x86) -> Zwift

If this works, I'd delete the current icon on your desktop and replace it with the ZwiftApp.exe one  :thumbup:

Read on another forum it may have something to do with your firewall. Try turning that off as it may interfere. 

I also run a kickr core and Dell laptop, had the same issues with Wifi.

Since I started using a LAN cable, no issues.

Zwift even loads immediately, as it previously took sometimes between 10-25 minutes with the WIFI to load to the pairing screen.

I also run a kickr core and Dell laptop, had the same issues with Wifi.

Since I started using a LAN cable, no issues.

Zwift even loads immediately, as it previously took sometimes between 10-25 minutes with the WIFI to load to the pairing screen.

0_o, means I'm going to try out this method. 

Hmmm... I've just received an email regarding a new(?) duathlon series. Sounds interesting... will be good to have that down as a hard session weekly.

Hmmm... I've just received an email regarding a new(?) duathlon series. Sounds interesting... will be good to have that down as a hard session weekly.

Signed up already  :devil: