Anyone using Zwift?

4 hours ago, Chadvdw67 said:

I got an Elite TUO (Toaster), I will either be using my phone mirrored onto the TV or a laptop

Ah, a wheel-on trainer. One extra tip then: don't make the same mistake I made and use old tubes with sealant in ???? Unless you like cleaning sticky goo off your new trainer.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Dexter-morgan said:

Quick question to all you Zwifters with Kickrs, I have recently(today) started using Zwift and I have lots of Trainer disconnections, any suggestions? I am going to try a ANt+ extension tonight.

I run both TR and Zwift off WIN10 laptop - BT was a disaster - went to ANT+ dongle plugged direct into laptop USB port which is about 3m from my trainer and it connects perfectly every time, never had it drop during a session. If you have issues then a simple USB extension lead move the dongle closer to the rear of the trainer should sort it out

8 hours ago, madmarc said:

I run both TR and Zwift off WIN10 laptop - BT was a disaster - went to ANT+ dongle plugged direct into laptop USB port which is about 3m from my trainer and it connects perfectly every time, never had it drop during a session. If you have issues then a simple USB extension lead move the dongle closer to the rear of the trainer should sort it out

Agreed. But, not all ANT + dongles are equal. I think the most reliable one is the Garmin.

21 minutes ago, Harryn said:

Agreed. But, not all ANT + dongles are equal. I think the most reliable one is the Garmin.

In 2019 I got the tacx unit ... if for no other reason than stock at the time

It works very well ????

https://www.googleadservices.com/pagead/aclk?sa=L&ai=DChcSEwiP-p6E-OLwAhWqGQYAHa4-By8YABAjGgJ3cw&ae=2&ohost=www.google.com&cid=CAASE-RomuUDg0wfMMM5Ig4d50KHsTg&sig=AOD64_3MoD5jWoC9MTDwBMSwO1zK2v0wsA&q&adurl&ved=2ahUKEwjL_JWE-OLwAhViTRUIHa9nAp4Q0Qx6BAgDEAE

14 hours ago, Harryn said:

Yep I agree - I was lucky to get one (Don't even know the make) that does work. I also tried a BT dongle off TakeAlot which was useless. I think a lot of connection errors are dongle related 

On 5/24/2021 at 7:04 AM, Dexter-morgan said:

Quick question to all you Zwifters with Kickrs, I have recently(today) started using Zwift and I have lots of Trainer disconnections, any suggestions? I am going to try a ANt+ extension tonight.

ANT+ FTW. 

• 1 month later...

Anyone doing the Zwift Classics? I signed up, given the current state of things, my week riding will probably be confined to indoors.

Signed up for the 1pm ride tomorrow. I am not ready for this, but lets just say I have a lot of room in my current training regime for some Z11 work....

• 2 weeks later...

I can’t take their website serious with all the spelling mistakes. “Swift” in stead of Zwift? 

I’m not on facebook, and using that website is like going to the dentist.  

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys for those having ANT+ connectvity issues, forget the ANT+ and connect using your phone and Companion app. I was having waaaay to many  trainer dropouts but since switching the connection to Zwift Companion its all smooth as smooth peanut butter

2 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

Hey guys for those having ANT+ connectvity issues, forget the ANT+ and connect using your phone and Companion app. I was having waaaay to many  trainer dropouts but since switching the connection to Zwift Companion its all smooth as smooth peanut butter

I got myself one of these a few months ago:
https://www.takealot.com/transcend-usb3-0-4-port-powered-hub/PLID29401929

ANT+ and BT dongles plugged into it on the table right next to my bike.
I've had very few connectivity issues since changing to this setup, especially with programs other than Zwift.
Also had to rearrange some power cables, as turning on my fan would cause a momentary USB dropout, at which point Zwift would refuse to reconnect.

Anyone here running zwift on the 2021 apple tv? Have zwift updated the graphics profile to include shadows?

I am in the market for a apple tv, just want to know if it is worth it to buy the new one.

On 8/24/2021 at 8:34 AM, Matu said:

https://www.zwift.com/academy/zaroad

cool concept, reminds me of the game Gran Turismo how they recruited gamers to race in real life

Been going for some time. Did my first Academy last year and man was it a challenge. Cool unlocks, but you do it for the gains, really. 

No frame unlock this year, only a paint scheme unlock (lame). And, workouts can be done solo OR in a group, whereas last year it was group only. And this year they've introduced baseline rides before the first workout is released and when you've completed all to see if you've improved. 

Hoping this training will stand me in good stead for Amashova. 

• 2 weeks later...

So some info for those of you who are still using TACX Vortex Smart Wheel on Trainers - I enrolled again for this years ZWIFT academy and decided to do a ramp test just to get my FTP accurate.  I don't normally use ERG mode (dead against it) but for some reason the test defaulted to ERG ON and I was halfway through when I realized so I just left it on.  Long story short at the second last ramp just before 420W ERG cut out and zero resistance.  Thought it was just the end of the test, but turns out my trainer had blown - I have surge protection plugs and the lights come on, but as soon as you get going for about 10mins it switches off - looks like there must be some type of Thermal Fuse built in somewhere.  Guess you shouldn't use ERG with a ramp test.

Sent the trainer off to Garmin - they do some tests and yes, its blown and no you cant repair it, so please pay R9000 for an upgrade to a FluxS.  Not totally convinced that you can't repair the electronics, I do some research and find a small online bike shop in Belgium who sells the replacement Electronic units for about R2500.

I've taken a chance and ordered one - the guy assures me that he sells hundreds of them and that they often blow - which is why he has them in stock.

It should arrive in the next few weeks, so I'll keep everyone posted!