HELP '88 Cannondale SR600 resto

06rush

Help - am getting around to a restoration on my '88 Cannondale SR600 Criterium. This is a frame I rode between 1996 and 2007 and naturally have a personal bond with this ride.

My dilemma? Do i keep the (rare) blue with yellow graphics and do a sympathetic restoration around the existing decals and graphics...

OR a full back-to-aluminium spray/polish, with new decals, etc...?

Has a Sakae alumium fork with 8-spd Ultegra tri-colour groupset

All opinions will be greatly appreciated!

post-88868-0-48303000-1487520459_thumb.jpg

I say send it to BogusOne and get him to do a sympathetic restoration - get the paint touched up, chrome redone, nice deep polishing etc

Please fit modern wheels and groupset - this will mean the bike can be ridden and raced again

I say send it to BogusOne and get him to do a sympathetic restoration - get the paint touched up, chrome redone, nice deep polishing etc

Please fit modern wheels and groupset - this will mean the bike can be ridden and raced again

One of the reasons why I went to a more modern Cannondale was to fit a >10 speed groupset with modern stem, hub, bottom bracket and handelebar metrics to a 30 year old frame - it's not so easy!

But i value the opinions - so far 2:0 to nostalgia...

keep the original colours - BogusOne is your man - it will look better than new

its not so hard to fit a 10 speed setup  

nice bike :thumbup:

keep the original colours - BogusOne is your man - it will look better than new

its not so hard to fit a 10 speed setup  

nice bike :thumbup:

Yes, I know, not so hard, by excuses are poor; stripped the Criterium down with the intention of building it on a 10spd groupset, when a carbon Cannondale came up for sale at a good price and I never looked back. Now i need to give her some attention again.

3:0 nostalgia... lucky i didn't start running it down yet!

I've had a couple of Cannondale's of that vintage - or maybe older, mine had steel Tange forks. Great bike in its day. I'd go with original...or white with black decals, like one of mine was.