Tumbles in spot of bother

Spinnekop

Kevin, thank you for the update, sobering and scary as it is.

I cannot begin to imagine what you and your family are going through.

Barry is one of the good guys; as clever, smart, compassionate and engaging as his online persona depicts. Crikey, that's gotta count for something in the big celestial scheme of things.

I am thinking of him lots; checking this thread for updates, hoping always for good news. Everyone is rooting for him.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Copy that Dale

. Its almost like watching the live tracking of the Munga. We are watching from so far away but our thoughts and hearts are with that guy suffering out there.

Kevin, thank you for the update, sobering and scary as it is.

I cannot begin to imagine what you and your family are going through.

Barry is one of the good guys; as clever, smart, compassionate and engaging as his online persona depicts. Crikey, that's gotta count for something in the big celestial scheme of things.

I am thinking of him lots; checking this thread for updates, hoping always for good news. Everyone is rooting for him.

I've known Barry via the hub for over ten years when he was still holy..... also one of the first hubbers I met in real life ( along with Scotty, Joe low.. and a few others) as I also hailed from the east rond. We had our minor differences on the hub over the years but he has always been a true hub friend and supporter when needed. Other than all the good traits you mention one of the Ones that really stands out is his passion for his dogs... that says a lot about him ???????????? Edited by SwissVan

I bumped into TW's  ex Brother-in-law yesterday .

He had been to see TW on Wed evening .

He said TW is doing well , but guys he is in a critical condition .

Thoughts and Prayers to all , especially Kevin and TW's 2 Sons .

just pinned it morph. kinda forget to do those things when you have the tab open all the time in case of news

Ha...I don't think there is any fear of this falling off the front page

Just checked. No updates yet on FB or via What's App to mutual friends.

Edit: Apologies I was referring to updates from today and didn't realise the one from last night hadn't been posted. Thanks Myles.

Edited by Red Robin

This was from yesterday. Missed it, for some reason

The update on Barry McCallum will not be as detailed today. I have yet to speak to the doctor and am loathe to give out details until I do.

He had his "clean-up" operation, his second operation since he was admitted on Monday. My mother was there when he came back and said she had been told it went well. Work meant I could not go through to the east. Being unemployed means I have to write as much as I can. The ICU staff told us we would not be able to communicate with Barry, that he would be doped up all day and unable to speak. They gave us a day off. A terrible thing to say, but, Christ, I needed it. The boys took the time to visit friends from school. I worked at home and watched people trim huge trees in my garden in the rain. Life moves on. Barry moves with it. He would have told us to enjoy ourselves, but just to leave some smokes and a coke and a straw. His throat is dry. He cannot speak. He has a ******* big tube down his throat. I cannot think of anything worse. It haunts me. Hopefully it will be out by the weekend, when he can swallow.

I told my mother we had been told not to visit today, but her memory is wonky these days, and she went to the Glynnwood. She has become befuddled. She called me at 6am concerned at the slew of SMSes she had received from near and far. Was Barry okay, she asked. For those who know and love my mother, her faculties have begun to wane. Your messages of support are wonderful, but she struggles with context and memory. Please contact me for updates.

Barry has lived another day. He has no infection, his organs are soldiering on. I will see him tomorrow. I will be at Grapes at some time. I am not sure when. Perhaps noon, perhaps just after. There will be group hugs and silly talk, and, most importantly, talk of Barry and the life he lived and is fighting to live.

That "clean up" sounds terrifying as I imagine it is debridement which I was told is another word for the most excruciating torture.

All strength to Tumbles and the Tumbles tribe.

This was from yesterday. Missed it, for some reason

The update on Barry McCallum will not be as detailed today. I have yet to speak to the doctor and am loathe to give out details until I do.

He had his "clean-up" operation, his second operation since he was admitted on Monday. My mother was there when he came back and said she had been told it went well. Work meant I could not go through to the east. Being unemployed means I have to write as much as I can. The ICU staff told us we would not be able to communicate with Barry, that he would be doped up all day and unable to speak. They gave us a day off. A terrible thing to say, but, Christ, I needed it. The boys took the time to visit friends from school. I worked at home and watched people trim huge trees in my garden in the rain. Life moves on. Barry moves with it. He would have told us to enjoy ourselves, but just to leave some smokes and a coke and a straw. His throat is dry. He cannot speak. He has a ******* big tube down his throat. I cannot think of anything worse. It haunts me. Hopefully it will be out by the weekend, when he can swallow.

I told my mother we had been told not to visit today, but her memory is wonky these days, and she went to the Glynnwood. She has become befuddled. She called me at 6am concerned at the slew of SMSes she had received from near and far. Was Barry okay, she asked. For those who know and love my mother, her faculties have begun to wane. Your messages of support are wonderful, but she struggles with context and memory. Please contact me for updates.

Barry has lived another day. He has no infection, his organs are soldiering on. I will see him tomorrow. I will be at Grapes at some time. I am not sure when. Perhaps noon, perhaps just after. There will be group hugs and silly talk, and, most importantly, talk of Barry and the life he lived and is fighting to live.

Eish...so much to deal with.Keep strong Kevin and thanks for the updates.