Tumbles in spot of bother

Spinnekop

Latest update from Kevin.

Apologies for not giving an update on Barry Mccallum yesterday, but, well, Conor and I decided we needed a breather from it all, and took the day off.

I have just spoken to the doc, and they decided to put off the operation as Barry's platelet count was not high enough. The colostomy bag is not an urgent matter, but they would like to get it in some time next week. I told the doctor a rather sad joke about Barry being full of ****, which went down better than I told it. Gallows humour is coming through, which it eventually had to.

Barry is doing well, otherwise. He is stable and his renal function is coping as well as can be expected. He is looking cleaner, which, again, is a first for Barry. He is still being fed via a tube, and they are keeping him on ventilation. They are looking to liberate him from those tubes as soon as they can. I find myself repeating things from the day before and the day before that, which is good. Stable and resting are two very important words. Now to get that bag attached so we can get some of the **** out him.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If I remember correctly Barry has had Ruby's nose biopsied previously and it was something autoimmune causing the wound. Not sure if she was back at the same vet but, if not, it may be worth contacting the previous vet and finding out what the histologic diagnosis was.

Any idea who the vet was? Our vet today suggested it may be autoimmune or something worse which we don't even want to think about at this stage.

We have a anti bacterial cortisone cream to apply now so will see how it responds to that.

Just to reassure you Husky Rescue is a registered NPO and is required to account for all our funds and expenditure. I specifically asked that people mark their donations either 'Barry' or 'Tumbleweed' specifically so that we can run a separate account to track income vs expenditure. 

As stated elsewhere the vets bill for this morning was around R3000 which I personally paid but will claim back from Husky Rescue. We will account for every cent donated and any excess will be used for the ongoing maintenance of Barry's dogs as it will be sometime before he will be able to properly support them.

I have a major food manufacturer that has offered to provide food for them so the main expenses will be boarding fees and follow up vets bills mainly for Ruby who has a non healing sore on her nose which we are quite concerned about.

Ianj? I would give that man my money and anything he supports in a heart beat without any concern whatsoever .... I have always said him and Shaun Hannie have a special place reserved for them in heaven  :thumbup:

Any idea who the vet was? Our vet today suggested it may be autoimmune or something worse which we don't even want to think about at this stage.

We have a anti bacterial cortisone cream to apply now so will see how it responds to that.

No sorry don't have a clue which vet. He posted about it a long time ago - the cortisone in your cream should be fine.

No sorry don't have a clue which vet. He posted about it a long time ago - the cortisone in your cream should be fine.

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/108258-show-us-your-pets/?p=2799864

Great thanks, will mention to our vet next week. Glad to hear it isn't the worse option which they were concerned about because of the swelling.

My donation is in. I am glad Barry's dogs are in good hands!

Sent from my SM-J200H using Tapatalk

Not the first time I shed a few tears while at work but just got this msg from Barry's neighbour who I met this morning, we were talking about how Ghost was so black from the soot, the poor dogs with what they have had to go through:

Ok because Ghost was laying in the ash where the car was burnt n Scar the Boxer was being very protective of the house n didn't allow anyone to go near the spot where the paramedics cut off Barry's clothing. I just pray Barry recovers takes back his home n his dogs.

Barry needs to recover and quickly even if it's just for his dogs, they need him so much.