Tumbles in spot of bother

Spinnekop

Please post the account details again where we can pay in some cash, tried following but been hecticly busy at work and too many pages to go looking for it. Thanks

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Please post the account details again where we can pay in some cash, tried following but been hecticly busy at work and too many pages to go looking for it. Thanks

sent you details on PM

Also bank details now on first post.

Tumbles, I know you have been dry for a while now. But, Mrs Slowbee and I have had a few glasses of wine and then one or two on your behalf with you in our thoughts. 

I have to say, in my best upper lip english, that I am pretty miffed (in other words pee'd off) with the cards you have been dealt. It just doesn't seem right and it doesn't seem fair.

But hang in there Bazza. Hang in there.

From a few pages back:

Husky rescue SA

Standard Bank

Cape gate

02 39 10

"Tumbleweed" would be an appropriate reference for donations

I made a donation to the above , but I would like to see the fund for Tumbles himself set up as soon as possible  as I am sure I have enough spare $'s to help ease his recuperation period a bit.

On behalf of myself, Husky Rescue, Ghost, Scar, Ruby, Squamish, Juliet and of course Barry himself I would just like to thank everyone for the amazing financial support.

Barry's son Conor and other family members visited the dogs yesterday and they are doing fine.

I think we have enough in the kitty to cover their immediate needs for the short to medium term, if we need more for unexpected expenses I will post here again.

Thanks again all you generous people, now all we need is for the man himself to get back on his feet so he can look after them himself.

On behalf of myself IanJ thanks to you and the other people 'on the ground'. Easy to click a few buttons and send some money, harder to make sure it is being put to use and harder still to actually be there and do stuff.

Thanks IanJ.

Anybody know what the status is with Tumbles.  Have not had too much info regarding him.

Thanks IanJ.

Anybody know what the status is with Tumbles.  Have not had too much info regarding him.

Kevin, his brother, went home for the weekend so we haven't had his usual updates.

Conor did say yesterday that he is better than last week but as we know it will be a rollercoaster so let's see what the doctors say this week.

Kevin, his brother, went home for the weekend so we haven't had his usual updates.

Conor did say yesterday that he is better than last week but as we know it will be a rollercoaster so let's see what the doctors say this week.

Kevin is here in CT at the moment. Rode Chappies yesterday. 

It's been a few days since an update on Barry Mccallum - but no news has been good news.

It's been two weeks since the incident. "The Incident". I don't know how else to describe it. Accident. **** up. The worst of luck. I wake up most days and for a few minutes I forget. Then it hits me and I put myself in his bed, a tube down my throat, my back shorn of all its functioning skin, the healing to come, the changed life. It hits hard. But then I get news and it's better news and it lifts me.

Barry is stable. He has had his dressings changed again, and they will be planning the colostomy op for this week, hopefully. It all depends on his platelets and whether they come up to the acceptable level. My mum said she that in a moment of near consciousness, she said Barry acknowledged her when she said his name. He is still being ventilated, but my mum says he seems to be breathing by himself.

Conor Mccallum saw him earlier today to say goodbye as he is flying to England tonight after his passport finally arrived in SA. It was important for him to see his dad. There was, and there is, a very real chance he would not make it. Today it looks better, he seems strong. Conor and Breandan will be watching every day with all of us.

On behalf of myself, Husky Rescue, Ghost, Scar, Ruby, Squamish, Juliet and of course Barry himself I would just like to thank everyone for the amazing financial support.

Barry's son Conor and other family members visited the dogs yesterday and they are doing fine.

I think we have enough in the kitty to cover their immediate needs for the short to medium term, if we need more for unexpected expenses I will post here again.

Thanks again all you generous people, now all we need is for the man himself to get back on his feet so he can look after them himself.

Sorry but I disobeyed today..... if you don't end up using it on Barry's mutts then you are welcome to spend my donation on the the others ????

It's been a few days since an update on Barry Mccallum - but no news has been good news.

It's been two weeks since the incident. "The Incident". I don't know how else to describe it. Accident. **** up. The worst of luck. I wake up most days and for a few minutes I forget. Then it hits me and I put myself in his bed, a tube down my throat, my back shorn of all its functioning skin, the healing to come, the changed life. It hits hard. But then I get news and it's better news and it lifts me.

Barry is stable. He has had his dressings changed again, and they will be planning the colostomy op for this week, hopefully. It all depends on his platelets and whether they come up to the acceptable level. My mum said she that in a moment of near consciousness, she said Barry acknowledged her when she said his name. He is still being ventilated, but my mum says he seems to be breathing by himself.

Conor Mccallum saw him earlier today to say goodbye as he is flying to England tonight after his passport finally arrived in SA. It was important for him to see his dad. There was, and there is, a very real chance he would not make it. Today it looks better, he seems strong. Conor and Breandan will be watching every day with all of us.

thx for the update.

His body has taken such a beating, but he keeps on fighting. Keeping them all in my thoughts.