Tumbles in spot of bother

Spinnekop

I played lego mule for Barry a few times for some odd / hard to get sets, his passion for life and his energy will be missed by all the lives he touched over the years.

Sincere condolences to the McCallum Family and friends, RIP good Sir. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazing how one person - who most of us have never met - can have a such a profound impact on so many lives...

RIP Tumbleweed - I know you and your namesake are reunited somewhere over the Rainbow Bridge.

Strongs to the family and friends left behind. At least you have the laughs and the memories to treasure.

So very sad.

Never knew him personally, but will never forget his support whilst my friend and Hubber Tinkerbell was fighting her battle with MND.

RIP and condolences to your loved ones. 

Amazing how one person - who most of us have never met - can have a such a profound impact on so many lives...

As I said to little fish earlier. There is nothing superficial about some of the relationships we make on this forum. We genuinely bond and get to know people. And even if we don't meet...we know so much about that person (and in many cases more)  - its as if we have known them our whole lives. Barry was a part of my life every day for the last 10 years..there are not many people i know like that

I was in meetings the whole morning, rushed back to my office to see if Kevin posted his daily update, only to read what I did not want to.

I'm completely gutted, tears streaming down my face for someone I never met in person, but who I feel I knew.

Kevin, Breandan, Conor and Barry's Mom, my deepest condolences with you for this terrible and tragic loss of a loved one. Be strong, and hold on to your faith.

Barry, you are leaving a huge void, and will be sorely missed. The world is a poorer place in your absence.

IanJ, you SIR will be abundantly blessed, due to your compassion for Barry's pack, and your undertaking to him that you will take care of them.

Rest In Peace Barry

Edited by Wannabe

oh no. Was just really hoping that this would be just another speedbump and he would pull through. Didn't think it would end like this.

Can I add my name to the long list of people who have never met Barry in person, but feel like they knew him well? Be it replies in threads, or in actual PMs. I don't really do PM that often, but had a few going with Barry through the years. I know because I've just gone through them (and I'm sure some were lost in the hubcrash too!). We had a mutual respect for each other's views and style, which was nice to confirm over PM. We were also able to talk about personal things because we trusted each other - this is rare in a place like this. I'm sure he was cheating on me with lots of nice PM convos with other people too. I'm sure admin will turn a blind eye to a little snippet of one here

I try not judge. I have done a lot of bad things in my life!  :blush:

Haha!  

I looked it up, we joined the hub a month apart in 2007. I can almost say without knowing it, that his online persona changed a lot over this period. 50 000+ posts will do that to you. I haven't lost Barry the person, because I never knew Barry the person. I've lost Tumbleweed/Holy Roller/* the online persona. The entire Hub community has lost this persona. BUT in getting to know this online person, I know that all the people who lost Barry have lost someone special. For all his faults, he was one helluva guy. For all of you reading this thread, I can't begin to imagine your sorrow.

RIP Barry

and good luck to whoever takes on your postcount record.

*ha ha, this must have been a funny move that really pissed off Matt!

post-1830-0-15816000-1489056168_thumb.png

Any man that loves dogs the way he did

A big-hearted man

A man that rolled his bicycles and other skateboardie things with joy and chill

A cool man

And a man interested in telling stories - as a journalist, as a curious explorer

A man with value

Glad your suffering has ended, Barry Tumbleweed

:)

RIP Tumbles. Condolences to the family.

It's clear reading the outpouring of love on this forum, that you touched many lives for the good.

And in this life that's all that we can really ask for, you should be proud of that.

The sun shines a bit dimmer today...

R.I.P Tumbles, you will be sorely missed.....see you sometime in the future again!

post-5403-0-55497800-1489057613.jpg

Lets just say I feel like I have been hit with a Blunt object.

RIP Dude. I'm going to miss our Twitter banter.