Tumbles in spot of bother

Spinnekop

As many others here... I have no idea idea what to say..

:mellow:

I'll take out my fixie and ride to local, something... bar, barber, cafe, intead.

RiP Barry and condolences to the Mccallums...

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have not been on The Hub, sorry bikehub, for more than 5 years, but I can't think of a better way to say goodbye to my friend Holy, sorry Tumbles, no bugger it; Barry.... the sweetest soul, the kindest heart, the biggest kid on the block.

You made me log on here when I said I never would!  It's all your fault!

The Internet seems a lot smaller today, a lot less happy and filled with less dogs, bikes and skateboards.

So long my friend, and thanks for all the laughs...

Willehond

You took the words right out of my mouth. 

RIP Barry. My brother,  my friend. The world is lessened without you. 

So broken by this news! RIP Barry!

My condolences to the McCallum family.

Like most I never had the privilege of meeting him in person but I loved his sharp sense of humor, his photo's, his love for kids including his dogs. He was a one of a kind person, one who will be seriously missed! We are all hurting today!

I heard Sasha Martinengo mention it on air, as I was driving from a meeting in Benoni earlier. Aag no man!!

Barry often organised Me little bits of bling at the shop and never took money, but paid himself. I owed him coffee.

When we were cruising round the pits at the MTB WC a few years ago in PMB, in our Emily Drives me Batty shirts, I heard this voice calling my name. Barry appeared with a huge smile out of the Media facility. He looked like sh!t and and slept in his car after a hard night of partying. He said that we should join him for a beer later. Unfortunately We never did.

We both spoke about our sons having a rough time at boarding school. I hadn't seen him in a few years, as I avoided the shop due to the damn highway construction going on.

RIP Barry, I'm glad you're no longer suffering my Mate. See you one day for that beer, what the hell, or that coffee I still owe you.

Condolences to Kevin, Kelly, Conor, Breandan and Mrs. M.

Haven't been here for several years.

Some of you might remember me as Wolverine.

Barry ranks as one of the best friends I have had. As with many of you I met him here and over the years had the privilege of sharing many beers, coffees, rants, hours and hour of bs.

Small in stature but with the biggest heart of any person I have ever met.

The world is a smaller, darker place today.

Rest In Peace my friend

May your pencil always be sharp, the Lego plentiful and your skateboard be in your bag

Farewell till next we meet

Wow, I am really sorry to hear about Barry. Although I didnt know him personally after 6 or so years on this forum you kinda get a feel for someone and he seemed a solid guy who was always willing to help man or beast where he could. The world loses another decent person...

RIP.

We also have never met but feels like we were friends for ages. What a man! What a legend! What an inspiration! You may have left us physically but you will forver be in our harts! Condolences to all.

Edited by Pieter1