Tumbles in spot of bother

Spinnekop

I've been following this story on FB - Was hoping for some sort of miraculous recovery but alas . . .

Strength to the family.

RIP Dude.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

RIP Tumbles- I never met you but read many of your posts.

I had respect for your opinions and was following this thread with the hope of good news, but it was not to be.

Ride well kind stranger whom had an impact on many he had never met.

Condolences from England.

I have been following from afar and hoping for the best, but that is not the way this story has been written.

I never met Barry aka Tumbles aka Holy Roller in person, although we did have a few PM's. He was always a voice of reason in the Hub and I always valued his contributions.

In the end the only things we really leave in life are the values and qualities we bring our children up to observe, and the fading ripples we leave behind on the others we have known.

From the posts in this thread it seems that his sons have been raised to be fine young men and he has left nothing in his wake but positivity (well, maybe also a few hangovers). To me, that seems like a life well lived.

All I can add is my sincere condolences to family and friends.

RIP Tumbleweed, yo you will not be forgotten.... ????

Condolences to the family and especially the boys are in my prayers.

I didn't expect to read this when I came back to this thread. I hadn't checked in for a few days and was expecting success news of the operations, some new news and and info. 

I didn't expect this. 

It's all been said so many times in so few pages over the last 24hrs. So sad for all, condolences and prayers to Kevin and family, thoughts go to all who knew Barry or knew of Barry. I wish I hadn't chose this year to pass the Argus up as that would be a fitting tribute. 

Shame man, will miss you here and the chats we had. You touched so many people, thanks for coming and sorry you had to go.

RIP Tumbles. 

I have to admit I haven't read this whole thread, but what exactly was the cause of the fire?

RIP Barry

Was saddened to hear the news of Barry's passing at the Argus expo early yesterday... like many here, I haven't met him all that often, mostly just brief passing's at cycling events and the odd beer here and there. Saying that though, we've all gained so much from his contributions on here over the years, there is not just his amazing passion for his pooches/family/lego/Benoni etc, but there is also that fantastic young spirit that he enjoyed life with. A freedom and simplicity to his choices and the pleasures he chose to enjoy in living a fulfilled life.

RIP Barry, your insights and views will be greatly missed, and the hub will long be a duller shade of magenta

Sad, sad news.

The Hub won't be the same without him.

Barry, we'll remember your kindness, friendliness and young spirit forever.

RIP, my friend.

From meeting Barry for the first time just after his divorce, we have chucked back many many many gallons of beer, shared heartaches, laughed ourselves into stupors and generally just got along like mates should. Through all his dark days, he never lost the spirit and will to be a humble, compassionate and lekker oke! His local pub for many years was Grapes in Benoni, and I'm going to go and chuck back a few this afternoon, to toast his eternal relief from pain and suffering, and to savour a few fond memories of the good oke, hooligan, accident magnet  and friend that was Barry. RIP Sir, and condolences to your family and furkids