Tumbles in spot of bother

Spinnekop

What can be said that has not yet been said. I have not had the privilege to meet Barry in person but the man had a huge impact on me through the Hub. His presence was always around.

Barry

• Thanks for your personality
  • Thanks for your perspective on things. You had a way of making me think different about things.
  • Thanks for caring, even for people that you have not met personally.

We have lost a big soul. I'm thinking of his family in this tough time. If he had such a big impact on my/our lives I can just imagine what an impact he had on his families and especially his kid's lives and how devastating this must be for them.

Rest In Peace Tumbles 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not too sure about the hub ride thingy

I hope to fly in in time once we know the funeral arrangements

I believe the funeral is on Friday but I am not sure if its open to every Tom, Richard or Hubber

Edited by Kranswurm

This is now the third time I've tried to write something here.

I honestly don't even know what to say. I've been popping in every couple of days to see what was happening, and then last night I saw this. I may not have known Barry, but from the response on this forum I can see that he was a wonderful, wonderful guy and that he will be dearly missed.

Go well, you've made an incredible impact that will never be forgotten.

I have to admit I haven't read this whole thread, but what exactly was the cause of the fire?

RIP Barry

There was a break in the fuel line of his old Corsa. It must have ruptured, 'cos as he started the car one morning it got engulfed in flames. He'd quipped just the day or 2 before that he was lucky it wasn't a Kuga, cos he saw smoke. 

This is an unscheduled sign in and a very sad one. I keep thinking back to 2007 when I met Barry. At a 6hr event in Parys. He parked next to us in a Beetle. There was chain lube involved but I cannot remember who needed it. As I was deeply submurged into the Hub back then, it was my 1st year cycling and everything was so exciting, I must have advertised the Hub a lot. As the next time I saw him, he told me he joined. And I am sure that very few of you know his first ever name on the Hub - Elefantino. He told me some story about Pantani and how he didn't like the nick name. Shortly after that I think he "rejoined" as Holly Roller. The rest is history. I haven't seen him for a few years but I will remember him fondly. RIP 

Echoing the others words here, I only met you a few times in person, but it feels like a lifetime in Hub years. 

You'll be missed.

Thoughts are with the McCallum family in this tough time. 

Keep on rolling!

This is an unscheduled sign in and a very sad one. I keep thinking back to 2007 when I met Barry. At a 6hr event in Parys. He parked next to us in a Beetle. There was chain lube involved but I cannot remember who needed it. As I was deeply submurged into the Hub back then, it was my 1st year cycling and everything was so exciting, I must have advertised the Hub a lot. As the next time I saw him, he told me he joined. And I am sure that very few of you know his first ever name on the Hub - Elefantino. He told me some story about Pantani and how he didn't like the nick name. Shortly after that I think he "rejoined" as Holly Roller. The rest is history. I haven't seen him for a few years but I will remember him fondly. RIP 

Elefantino......baby elephant, in reference to Pantani's large ears