Tumbles in spot of bother

Spinnekop

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure if this is a bit too much in the grey area of acceptable (in both taste and copyright). But I got this idea on my bike riding home yesterday. 2 former hubbers way up there now, when they should be down here.

post-1830-0-86513800-1489145561_thumb.jpg

A note on behalf of another long time Hubber, Wyatt Earp, for Barry:

Hi Admin,

Given the history between these two (that I am aware of), and knowing how the sheriff was known to create a stir, do you think his account could be "un-banned"?

I'm not sure he would want to come back, given a few conversations I've had with him shortly after he was banned. Just a thought.

Hi Hubbers

It is with tears streaming down my face that I post here today. I have been putting it off because I have just been too emotional.

It's been a long time since I have been on here, a very long time. The Hub used to be my home away from home. I cant not say that the people I have relationships with in my life that I met on the hub are friends, as they are more than that they are my family. Some in more literal ways than others as my hubby Zaskar has already mentioned, we met on the Hub.

Barry was family!!, the family that you, in recent years, don't see often enough but keep in touch with via social media and at the occasional event, but family enough to be part of your life.

To recall the many rides and events (24hours and breakfast rides) etc that we all used to go on is just too many. I miss those days!!! the laughs ..... oh man the laughs, Barry was always the comic relief, not cause he tried but because it was natural.

I mentioned to Zaskar last night that I think (cant really remember) the last time I saw Barry face to face was at Mark Stockton's (fellow fallen Hubber of old) funeral, we cried together and hugged and promise that we would get together more often, but life got in the way and we never did, oh how I regret that now.

I'm am saddened to think that the reason I will see some of my Hub-family again will be at Barry's funeral, but alas it is to be so. 

I will miss my friend and "brother", until we meet again! 

My first friend on the hub. :)

It turned out that out that he sold me my first pair of cycling shoes.

I remember that day. He was wearing a full length apron (Merida I think), and when I asked for the cheapest shoes, in his way, he made me feel comfortable and not like a cheap skate. lol.

I also had the privilege of sharing quite a few beers and some good conversation.

But most of all, he was an amazing friend to my Fiance.

They never met, but shared so much. Good and bad times. She knows all his pets by names, and he knew ours. 

It all started when she and another hubber sent him a box gnomes. Was a huge joke, and because of this, I met my person. We still have gnomes in our garden today, and this has always made me remember, but now for so many more reasons.

There is a special place in our hearts.

Cheers to a good man.

I attended a church service a few years ago. and they said the following:

You can leave all the money in the world behind for people, but they will soon forget you, but the day you leave behind a legacy like Barry did, that money will never be able to buy