Tumbles in spot of bother

Spinnekop

For all those that could not make the Memorial ride last week, i made a short video of the ride(apologies for the quality)

Shew, I've been purposely avoiding this tread for many weeks now but visited again tonight.

This video and the the way everybody has responded in support of our fallen comrade, his family or the doggies has literally put a lump in my throat and a tear streaming down my cheek (probably for the third time already).

All I can say now is thank you to everybody who's helped in any way, shape or form. May Barry ride in peace.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's great news Ian! :clap:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:

Hope I'm not posting this in the wrong thread. Husky Rescue is a brilliant charity to support as you can see, and we need cyclists to help again with this years 94.7 to ride for the organisation Barking Army SA. It's lots of fun and you are supporting a great cause.

All you have to do is pledge that you will help to raise a minimum of R2200 for Husky Rescue, and you will receive :

• Dedicated early start time, if required
  • Group training rides in the Cradle
  • Cycling jersey or dri-fit (for previous Barking Army cyclists) for your selected organisation
  • Hospitality tent at the finish including drinks, food & a hearty welcome over the finish line!
  • Knowing you changed the lives of a number of animals in need!

I will be riding my third year for Husky Rescue, and challenge all of you to do the same. :thumbup:

http://www.barkingarmysa.com/ride.html

Edited by Wil6

Squamish is such a loveable dog, he has fitted in with my other 2 without any hitch. one of which is actually his sister, Bella from the same litter

I remember the day we took Barry to get the pup and he came home with two, he had a grin from ear to ear

This dog absolutely loves tennis balls, on about his 3rd in 4 days.

Going to have to start a hub fund to support his ball addiction, he doesn't go anywhere without one 

Its incredible how he gets around on 3 legs, legend like Barry

post-2431-0-13718000-1492082226_thumb.jpg

just a friday BUMP.

I'm sure he would be having a filed day with all the newsworthy news out there currently.

(iol style typo left in, purposefully)

just a friday BUMP.

I'm sure he would be having a filed day with all the newsworthy news out there currently.

(iol style typo left in, purposefully)

Great bump.... made me decide to go skateboard a bit tonight after work. Barry will no doubt be smiling down at my attempts

Well, for what it's worth, Scar is settling in very well and has found his new BFF in my teenage son. I sometimes look at him and wonder if he understands what has happened and where his human went to, but he seems to like his new humans, so I think he'll be ok :)

post-2276-0-44445600-1492771907_thumb.jpg

Well, for what it's worth, Scar is settling in very well and has found his new BFF in my teenage son. I sometimes look at him and wonder if he understands what has happened and where his human went to, but he seems to like his new humans, so I think he'll be ok :)

Thats a happy Friday post! Thank you for sharing!

Happi happi hound????

Mates of mine adopted Ghost, the cross Husky/Chow from Barry's eclectic fur-child collection, and when we had a braai there on Monday, he was perfectly settled in (minus his crown jewels, the poor oke!) and seemed to be enjoying his new life. He only has 2 foxy's to play with now, so he may pick up some weight now :)

Seeing Ghost happy and settled somehow helps with the cathartic process of dealing with the passing of the B.

Have a lekker weekend everyone :)

Barry was a bit of a legend with my boys too.

I told them the story of Tumbleweed dying and how Ghost showed up mysteriously on his doorstep after a storm. The kids were in awe wanting to see photo's etc, they thought I sucked that right out my thumb.

They ask every so often about Ghost and Ruby and Scar and my little oke often asks me to tell the story of Ghosts arrival.

No, I haven't told them about the final chapter in Barry's life, will have to wait for them to ask and then show them the pictures of where Barry's friends are in life now!

That dog looks so naughty.You are very brave to take him in.Well done

That dog looks so naughty.You are very brave to take him in.Well done

Thanks, he's a bundle of energy and can be overwhelmingly boisterous, but I can't remember what life was like a couple of weeks ago when he wasn't a part of it. I think if the roles were reversed Barry would've taken my animals in...

ok, maybe not the cats  :D

Barry was a bit of a legend with my boys too.

I told them the story of Tumbleweed dying and how Ghost showed up mysteriously on his doorstep after a storm. The kids were in awe wanting to see photo's etc, they thought I sucked that right out my thumb.

They ask every so often about Ghost and Ruby and Scar and my little oke often asks me to tell the story of Ghosts arrival.

No, I haven't told them about the final chapter in Barry's life, will have to wait for them to ask and then show them the pictures of where Barry's friends are in life now!

And here is Ruby....

Nose looking a lot better.

post-25615-0-84376300-1493113785_thumb.jpg