Willie Smit

FootballingCyclist

Even better

You become the young lady!

Finally! I'll have a chance to shine as a cyclist!

Wait....I get to keep my FTP right?

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The melodrama here is a bit much.

The guys were silly by drinking and riding, they were a bit silly posting it online. Some simply pointed this out.

But FFS nobody is “crucifying” anybody, and nobody is going to watch that video and all of sudden become a cross between Jan Ulrich and Frank Gallagher.

And let’s face it, it’s a Russian team, and the Russians hardly GAF about stuff way worse than a little vodka.

The guys were silly by drinking and riding, they were a bit silly posting it online. Some simply pointed this out.

But FFS nobody is “crucifying” anybody, and nobody is going to watch that video and all of sudden become a cross between Jan Ulrich and Frank Gallagher.

And let’s face it, it’s a Russian team, and the Russians hardly GAF about stuff way worse than a little vodka.

They weren't crucifying, but some were a little cross, nonetheless.

Nothing wrong with Frank Gallagher

Come Patch you know better than that..they are no longer a Russian registered team.

Plenty anonymous deeek swinging going on... don't know why we all have to be so aggressive and assertive in our opinions.

I'm in the boat that reckons this doesn't belong on the internet, for the simple reason it could quite easily be used as a stick to beat us cyclists again... I really wouldn't want this to pop up on News24. I have though definitely done dumber things in my life... luckily not on the internet.

I can also though quite comfortably move on having had my say, and allow people to make their own choices in the end. It is very unlikely to have any effect on my life... and let's be honest, we seldom will change anyones mind on here.

I guess the biggest disappointment is how hard we all find it to have such simple conversations, especially since we're all on the same team.

Anyways, peace out - safe cycling this festive season :thumbup:

100 percent my feeling on this matter. There are many things in life that should not be on the internet. This is one of it for numerous reasons. But I can easily move on from it.....

• 8 months later...

Does Willie have a contract for next season? I thought he signed with Katusha on a two year deal and I don't remember reading about an extension

Does Willie have a contract for next season? I thought he signed with Katusha on a two year deal and I don't remember reading about an extension

Like most riders at the present he is busy sorting that part of his year at present. He had a 1 yr deal and was extended for 2019.

Like most riders at the present he is busy sorting that part of his year at present. He had a 1 yr deal and was extended for 2019.

Hope he does and hope he gets that knee sorted and he's not pushing on in because needs a contact.