Cape Town pop-up party with Greg Minnaar and Gary Perkin

News bot

Join us for an evening of fun, food and beer as we discuss bikes, adventures and racing. We will have selected Santa Cruz models on display to view, and Gary Perkin and Greg Minnaar on hand to give insight into their experiences with Santa Cruz, and what is in-store for the brand in South Africa. Gary Perkin will be donating a printed and mounted pic which will be auctioned to raise funds for Tokai trail building, and Greg will be on-hand to sign autographs.

Click here to view the article

Yes, its not going to work so well for the target demographic... The NH is the biggest local BMX/MTB event on the calendar... Eish

Wonder why they are holding it on the same night as the night harvest?

Because we have the travel schedule of Mr Minnaar and Flipper to manage. Gary is literally on a plane back from Chile, and Minnaar flies to Spain on Saturday.

Night harvest... pffft. Come early, grab a beer and get to night harvest happy and with a full stomach ;)

Thanks so much to everyone who came through on Friday! What a great evening! Huge thanks to Jack Black Brewery for being such gracious hosts, Gary Perkin for the awesome presentation, and of course to Mr Minn for taking the time to fly down to Cape Town to drink beer and talk bikes.

For those of you who missed it... sorry for you ;) We will be doing plenty more though, so be sure to check out the next one, you wont be disappointed!

If anyone got pics they want to share, I'd be keen to see them here?

Gary reckons he was caught in a thousand mile stare at this point of the eve, waiting for music to kick in?! Could hardly blame him since so much of his time is spent strapped in a seat, in a tin tube, 30 000ft in the air. Think he said he went from +40 degrees in South America to minus figures in the UK in the space of a day, just a few days before giving a presentation at the pop-up-party in SA, and a few days before heading to NZ.

You are right Andre, the pics do make his lifestyle look glamorous but at what price?? Huge respect to these people who travel for a living bringing us the best racing and coverage.. and bikes! ;)

Thanks for hosting such a cool party. I wish I still had a "I love Santa Cruz" pin but I traded all mine in!!