Bike Hub Features

Whats the difference on the frame from the 2016 model? The front fork looks a little narrower but pictures can be deceiving. Aside from that the 2016 also has the integrated seat clamp.

This is the same as the 2016 frame minus the paint job. This new Tarmac platform (essentially the SL5) was first launched in 2015.

The main change for 2017 is felt further down the Tarmac lineup with the Comp edition now sporting the new frame design whereas in 2016 it still resembled the Tarmac SL4.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

how much worse can a Swift ultravox rs1 with eTap and force be for R86,100 less?

How much worse can my Spez Crux with 105 mechanical be? Seeing that I am beating all my old KOMs with it.

Ultra Vox RS1 is a great value for money bike though!

Edited by Patchelicious

My theory on road bikes is that like Lance said - its not about the bike. Once you have narrow tyres, reasonable weight and good geo, you can hang with the fancy bikes. I cracked a sub 3 Argus years ago on a hi tensile steel frame bike with downtube shifters and a very wonky rear wheel by the time I got to the end. In fact I nearly didn't reach the finish I reckon.

I have a 125kg relative who insists on riding the lightest Cannondale he can find. He is very slow uphill but that mass translates into nice downhill momentum... 

Edited by Headshot

I rode a bike with DI2 on the weekend and. You're wrong!

Cool, will look out for you on the rostrum after the Argus :-) 

Then again by then the placebo effect will have worn off...

Cool, will look out for you on the rostrum after the Argus :-) 

Then again by then the placebo effect will have worn off...

Ja Ja.

Lance also said you can buy speed.

Regarding the bike. That pricetag!

If you have R170k to blow on a road bike, why not. Its not like you can spend R170k on two cheaper road bikes and ride them at the same time. 

Remember, someone has to buy these new so that others can pick up a dream bike in 18 months time. 

My comments are semi-tongue in cheek. At the time of my wonky wheel Argus i wondered how much quicker I could have been on an Ali Cannondale with STI shifters - and decent wheels... However, I question the pricing of this beast - it makes the Swift look like a bargain!

My comments are semi-tongue in cheek. At the time of my wonky wheel Argus i wondered how much quicker I could have been on an Ali Cannondale with STI shifters - and decent wheels... However, I question the pricing of this beast - it makes the Swift look like a bargain!

Yes, but does Peter Sagan ride a Swift?

Someone has to pay for those wheelies!

If you purely base it on speed, you have such a valid point. Most SA pros are racing on Ultegra group sets, few frames are NOT top of the line etc...

But there are other factors that other people might find more important than you do personally.

Desirability, exclusivity, status etc... these don't make logical sense immediately, but when we realize that we deal with humans being, it does, sort of.

Edited by Patchelicious

If you purely base it on speed, you have such a valid point. Most SA pros are racing on Ultegra group sets, few frames are top of the line etc...

But there are other factors that other people might find more important than you do personally.

Desirability, exclusivity, status etc... these don't make logical sense immediately, but when we realize that we deal with humans being, it does, sort of.

Like somebody buys Pegaut, citroens and Renaults. 

Boggles my mind, but hey.

However, I question the pricing of this beast - it makes the Swift look like a bargain!

True.

If I was in that pricing zone I'd get the Swift and use the money I saved to take her on a 3 week Honeymoon to Europe

Joux Plane

Alp Du Huez

Stelvio

Etc.

Edited by Duane_Bosch