Candidate for new Supercycling anchor

Chris NewbyFraser

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats how Saffas come across on TV, be it presenters or MAMILs being interviewed at WP3 of some 20km race scoffing their 15th potato. "Jaa, hmm Ja," We say "ja" a lot. "It's been very lekker HEY"

Urban Dictionary: Yarpie
www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Yarpie
Insulting term for white South Africans, particularly uncouth, rural........

"Mingewoond" is the word you are looking for. That and we try too hard.

Thats how Saffas come across on TV, be it presenters or MAMILs being interviewed at WP3 of some 20km race scoffing their 15th potato. "Jaa, hmm Ja," We say "ja" a lot. "It's been very lekker HEY"

Just watch one for the many motoring shows we have and you will see, we just try too hard to be like others.

That sadly is so true.  That Cape Epic marketing chappy commenting with GDC on the Epic livestream comes to mind.  He was  really informed, and even interesting at times, but dear lord almighty: EVERY. SINGLE SENTENCE. for 8 days started with JAAAA...... JAAAAA...... JAAAA......The problem was that once you noticed it, you ended up fixating on it, and then did not listen to the rest that he had to say

Gen, on 29 Mar 2017 - 12:37 PM, said:

But I think bikehub admin can tap into the market for an online show hey.

Supercycling..... Bikehubcycling

Edited by Mongoose!

Ok my bad, apologies. Its a crap idea. Nobody do it!!!!

that's the spirit!!

Although, OBVIOUSLY the hub has got plans. Admin, do i need to report this post to get a response?

No. It's Genius!

With shows like GCN and GMBN leading the way there's scope for a local once a week Youtube channel punting product, Doing reviews, and covering races. This is the way with modern media.  DSTV is already dead. They just haven't gotten the email yet.

I haven't had DSTV for 3 years and I don't miss it one single bit.

I get my cycling kicks from the UCI youtube channel, GCN, GMBN and The Col Collective.

thing is would you like local stuff to go along with the GCN goodness already?

problem with covering races is who pays for it. Currently AFAIK supersport charges for you to get your races 'airtime' on the show. Could you convince the race organiser to put some budget up for a youtube channel with 1500 views..has to start somewhere.

I got gatvol of hearing the same stuff from the pros after each (road) race. There just doesn't seem to be an imagination from them either - always saying the same/similar thing. Perhaps the races are the cause (same/similar racing and results).

Some common heard answers to: "So, how was your race today?"

• Negative tactics
  • My team worked well today

I got gatvol of hearing the same stuff from the pros after each (road) race. There just doesn't seem to be an imagination from them either - always saying the same/similar thing. Perhaps the races are the cause (same/similar racing and results).

• Negative tactics

Don't forget to thank the sponsors and race organisers 

• Negative tactics

What do you think that they should cover in their post race "chat"?

dunno. a few guys have tried local rugby shows and that doesn't even work!

The moment you go www you play globally. GCN gets it right and have gathered a big fan base. Not sure how their business model works but suspect its very dependant on online store sales.

As a passionate cycling fan I get all the content I need from youtube. No need for Supercycling in my case.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk