Ballito area rides

Cheese

Hi,

Will be in Balito 20-25 March. Is there any groups that one can join. Use to cycle on N4 to Durban, but not sure if this is still safe.

otherwise I will take the running shoes along for some training.

Hi there

Contact Holla Trails in Ballito; I'm sure they can steer you in the right direction if you looking at doing some Road work; otherwise visit Holla if you keen on some trail on you MTB.

There are a few clubs that ride on the M4 to Durban.

Edited by jules1976

I avoid the M4 all together, even after the new road surface is soo nice.

As Jules mentioned, Holla Trails is the best option for MTB.

For road rides: 5h00, 05h30,06h00 and 07h00 daily groups from the KFC/BP Garage. Best to just pitch up and chat to the guys there. The road up to Glendale has been redone, which gives you some of the best climbs and views in the North Coast.

• 2 months later...

I avoid the M4 all together, even after the new road surface is soo nice.

As Jules mentioned, Holla Trails is the best option for MTB.

For road rides: 5h00, 05h30,06h00 and 07h00 daily groups from the KFC/BP Garage. Best to just pitch up and chat to the guys there. The road up to Glendale has been redone, which gives you some of the best climbs and views in the North Coast.

Is the road up to Glendale a gravel road (looks like it on Google maps), or do I have the wrong "Glendale Heights"?

Possibly going to Balito over the weekend, will take the mtb for holla.  Is it worth taking the roadbike as well as I'm not keen on riding narrow and dangerous roads that I'm not familiar with?

Is the road up to Glendale a gravel road (looks like it on Google maps), or do I have the wrong "Glendale Heights"?

Possibly going to Balito over the weekend, will take the mtb for holla.  Is it worth taking the roadbike as well as I'm not keen on riding narrow and dangerous roads that I'm not familiar with?

It has been resurfaced and all new tar road around the area. The roads are extremely quiet there with almost no traffic.

These pics were taken in March. less than a third of the way up to Glendale.

post-67394-0-35492900-1493022812_thumb.jpg

post-67394-0-62230900-1493022819_thumb.jpg

When I was there found most people on MTB.

The weekend there was  quite a few groups and joined a group from the BP, we had a following vehicle etc, However they do not seem to do much riding in the week.

Some guys went to Gelendale with Roadbikes commenting there was a new surface and road was very good but did not do it myself.

• 5 months later...