place.

If you enjoy it out here please pay up for Hillbillies membership at any of the local bike shops.

We uae the money to maintain and build new tracks.

Hopefully on the next shoot you guys are down the old track would have been extended another 300m al the way to the sentec tower

place.

If you enjoy it out here please pay up for Hillbillies membership at any of the local bike shops.

We uae the money to maintain and build new tracks.

Hopefully on the next shoot you guys are down the old track would have been extended another 300m al the way to the sentec tower

Hi Tunarian

We will be in the area (coming from Cape Town) later this month and plan to ride there. Do we need to pay anywhere?

• 1 year later...

In George for the long weekend and decided to bring the bikes along with the idea of going to Garden Route Trail Park for a day. Just by chance the guest house I booked at is right at the entrance to Witfontein (didn't even know about it's existance apart from a friend mentioning it to me). Anyway, so a couple locals ride past and I shouted at them to stop (the must've thought I was insane), they explained a bit if how the routes work and which the best lines are to take.

Anyway, just came back from a 3hr ride now - and this place is amazing! Such a cool variety of trails, from flowy berms to janky roots to steep rock gardens - and all of this under a green canopy of trees.

Needless to say I am not driving an hour to GRTP with possibly the best trails I have ever ridden right on my doorstep! Will be out for another loop this afternoon and again tomorrow morning!

Hi Tunarian

We will be in the area (coming from Cape Town) later this month and plan to ride there. Do we need to pay anywhere?

For those wondering there are Hillbilly's boards at the trailheads with a Zapper/Snapscan QR code so you can donate.

• 2 years later...

In George for the long weekend and decided to bring the bikes along with the idea of going to Garden Route Trail Park for a day. Just by chance the guest house I booked at is right at the entrance to Witfontein (didn't even know about it's existance apart from a friend mentioning it to me). Anyway, so a couple locals ride past and I shouted at them to stop (the must've thought I was insane), they explained a bit if how the routes work and which the best lines are to take.

Anyway, just came back from a 3hr ride now - and this place is amazing! Such a cool variety of trails, from flowy berms to janky roots to steep rock gardens - and all of this under a green canopy of trees.

Needless to say I am not driving an hour to GRTP with possibly the best trails I have ever ridden right on my doorstep! Will be out for another loop this afternoon and again tomorrow morning!

reviving an old post, but I rode Witfontein for the first time last week too. I was also heading out the GRTP, but I was feeling a bit lazy and chose rather to ride the local George trails instead. (having grown up in George, I used to cycle these same forest roads back in the early 90's on my Hansom 21-speed steel road bike - a gravel bike in today's standards). 

What a revelation. These are indeed some of the better trails I have ridden to date. I am sorry Cape Town, but there is nothing close to this around here as I have found. George is my new trail mecca. And to top it off, I hail from there and my family still live there, so know I will take my bike 'home' every chance I get.

And as much as I hate to admit it, I am starting to understand the whole tygerberm thing.