Is riding 100 miles off road on your bucket list?

News bot

If so, the ninth edition of The Amarider 100Miler, presented by Bike Hub is the perfect race to get it done. Held in Malmesbury on 20 May, this race is the ultimate Swartland meander offering dirt road riding around the Kasteelberg and surrounds.

Click here to view the article

The 100 Miler is a great race, but it's hardly "off-road"! Just look at the pics - lovely groomed gravel *roads* :)

The only real technical challenge is picking the right line through the corrugations, hehe!

The 100 Miler is a great race, but it's hardly "off-road"! Just look at the pics - lovely groomed gravel *roads* :)

The only real technical challenge is picking the right line through the corrugations, hehe!

then it is my type of race!!!

One of my favourite rides, but at R580, it is becoming rediculous!

I don't know, done it twice, for some reason I find this race very bland despite labeling myself a dirtroadie.

Maybe doing this for the first time a week after an awesome Sani2C experience spoiled this race for me permanently.

Maybe this race lacks that signature feature other dirtroadie races have, like a Baviaanskloof or a Swartberg pass, it's mostly nondescript rolling hills through farmlands on corrugated roads.

Anyway, I guess you have to do it at least once to find out for yourself, this one already ticked off the list for me. 

Edited by Skubarra

Pro tip: take myprodol along 'cos your butt is going to HURT.

or a teaspoon of cement, 100 Miles is a trail running distance...

Hmmm .... don't like corrugated roads much - 

Maybe this race lacks that signature feature other dirtroadie races have, like a Baviaanskloof or a Swartberg pass, it's mostly nondescript rolling hills through farmlands on corrugated roads.

Hmmm .... don't like corrugated roads much - 

Hehe, this race is an exercise of keeping your eyes on the road for hours on-end trying to find the least corrugated line..

or a teaspoon of cement, 100 Miles is a trail running distance...

http://www.relatably.com/m/img/yeah-right-memes/46443679.jpg