[Event] Amarider 100 & 50 Miler - Presented By Bike Hub

Dirtopia MTB Events

First timer. 50miler. Looking forward to this!

So: Dual Suss, HT or Gravel Grinder?

Edit: I'm a rider not a racer. Middle of the pack at best and currently leaning towards the DS as i think many km's of corrugated gravel might take its toll towards the end.

Definitely DS if you are not racing.  The corrugation makes it feel as if your brain is shaking inside your skull.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely DS if you are not racing. The corrugation makes it feel as if your brain is shaking inside your skull.

And with the drought it will be worse... I went for a jaunt on a dirt road around Atlantis the other day and my gear cable snapped,it was that brutal. (Not sure if the cable was corrugation related, but it felt like it!)

Hi Cadenceblur I am interested in  your entry my number is 0832583429,give me a call please.

Still available?

I have an entry to the 100 that I am not using.

hello is this still available? thanks

Good luck to all those taking part!

Savage has two guys in the 100 miler, looking to improve on 25th last year!

Stay safe and dont forget about instagram :P

Enjoyed the 50miler. I found the last 20km was rather tough.

MASSIVE respect for the 100miler riders!

Erik Kleinhans rode past me at about 55km into my ride so 135km into his. Up the hill and away into the distance like it was nothing.

First time i ever see a gravel grinder with a lauf fork. Seriously cool looking machines.

Did the 100 miler. My garmin finished on 163km. I saw the board that says 1 mile to go. That must have been the longest mile in my life. Great event, everything everybody said about the event is true,especially the last stretch. Perfect weather, was my first and definitely not my last. Kudos to those that was on the start line