Houw Hoek MTB Tour 2017

LeoKnight

This last part getting me nervous. Everyone saying day 2 is a breeze. Now I find the breeze will have some thunderstorms. Should have known. I ride with liars. LOL :eek:

Can't wait. :clap:

Just remember during thunderstorms, your tyres are your protection... No walking!! Anything!

(There's an incentive for you...)

Hello Hoew Hoek Riders

I am Stefanie, a 30 year old German recently moved to Cape Town.

I enjoy these stage races so much but dont have a ride for tomorrow.

Could anyone give me (and my bike) a lift?!

I live in Constancia but could get anywhere in Cape Town.

Thanks so much

Hello Hoew Hoek Riders

I am Stefanie, a 30 year old German recently moved to Cape Town.

I enjoy these stage races so much but dont have a ride for tomorrow.

Could anyone give me (and my bike) a lift?!

I live in Constancia but could get anywhere in Cape Town.

Thanks so much

Really hope there is someone that can help, it is a great race to enjoy 

Serious fun day out today on the trails. Lots of smiles and all round enjoyment. Think it will stay on my annual wishlist.

So it seems my feeling that I might have to help out came true, got around to help two fellow cyclist, the one was just easy help, while the other was a bit more (we changed his 20 speed into a single speed).  Hope you made it to the end buddy.

So it seems my feeling that I might have to help out came true, got around to help two fellow cyclist, the one was just easy help, while the other was a bit more (we changed his 20 speed into a single speed).  Hope you made it to the end buddy.

I had some good Samaritan come to my aid when I snapped my chain. Was that you? If so, then thank you!  

This was an amazing event with some of the best trails I've ever ridden, especially on Sat. Yesterday I enjoyed a little less thanks to the sand on some of that single track that sucked the life out of my legs but the last 10km's where awesome :drool: 

Great vibe, great organizing, superb water points and great value for money = me coming back for more in 2018   :thumbup:

I had some good Samaritan come to my aid when I snapped my chain. Was that you? If so, then thank you!  

Not sure, saw lots of chain snaps   :eek: but the guy I helped was more a RD issue

This was an amazing event with some of the best trails I've ever ridden, especially on Sat. Yesterday I enjoyed a little less thanks to the sand on some of that single track that sucked the life out of my legs but the last 10km's where awesome :drool:

Great vibe, great organizing, superb water points and great value for money = me coming back for more in 2018   :thumbup:

Must say the Woolies goods at the waterpoint was a real surprise and did leave me with a smile and a happy tummy 

This was my fourth consecutive Houw Hoek Tour and probably the most fun I have had on the better parts of the route. Possibly even more fun than Day 3 than Wines2Whales last year. Shout out to JK and the team - slick operation and those Woolies Feeding Stations... WOW!

Edited by Cookie88

Must say the Woolies goods at the waterpoint was a real surprise and did leave me with a smile and a happy tummy 

W2W gets Food Leftovers Market and the cheap-cheap Houw Hoek Tour gets Woolies!

Only did Day 2 (yesterday) and thoroughly enjoyed it!  Got a little crowded in places but otherwise great fun...perhaps let smaller groups start at closer intervals?

A shout out to the organisers, and in particular on the route markings - not once was there any doubt as to which way to go. 

Will be back next year...

This was my first stage ride and I loved it. Im very much a newbie on more technical terrain,so some of Day1's sections scared the bajeebers out of me, but I loved day 2! Even the sandy and rocky bits. I agree that the Woolies water stations were pretty awesome! Great ride!! By next year my tech skills will be up to scratch, so really looking forward to it!

Well organised - good fun ride and I enjoyed seeing how much fitter and technically better I am than I was this time last year. 

Very few bottlenecks this year which was great and the new bridge at the top of Paul Cluver is an amazing piece of engineering - really very special.

Will be back next year