Bike Hub Features

Philip Buys and Matthys Beukes form the “African MTB team” PYGA Euro Steel. Previously teammates riding as Scott LCB Factory Racing, 2017 sees them with new sponsors, and of course new bikes. The pair have a solid track record riding together, and have their eyes firmly on the Absa African jersey at this year’s Cape Epic, as well as on an overall podium spot. We caught up with them to check in on their race preparation, find out more about their plans for 2017, and of course their new bikes.

Click here to view the article

Interesting to notice that in two separate photos, the undercarriage of the frame is painted differently. I do hope they stick with the black and 'Pyga' bottom rather than the all clear white... My bike has a mostly white undercarriage, and it looks so dirty so quickly. the black and branded undercarriage will look awesome, even once mud and dirt has caked it a bit. Just my 2c :)

Interesting to notice that in two separate photos, the undercarriage of the frame is painted differently. I do hope they stick with the black and 'Pyga' bottom rather than the all clear white... My bike has a mostly white undercarriage, and it looks so dirty so quickly. the black and branded undercarriage will look awesome, even once mud and dirt has caked it a bit. Just my 2c :)

I don't know where you are seeing this "all clear white"? Not in any of the photos in this article.

I don't know where you are seeing this "all clear white"? Not in any of the photos in this article.

I cant cut and paste the picture in this thread.

However, look at the first picture where they are manualling on the tar... look under the water bottles on the surface of the frame closest to the road (undercarriage)... no branding, just white and mud... whilst the rest of the bike actually looks pretty clean and spiffy

I cant cut and paste the picture in this thread.

However, look at the first picture where they are manualling on the tar... look under the water bottles on the surface of the frame closest to the road (undercarriage)... no branding, just white and mud... whilst the rest of the bike actually looks pretty clean and spiffy

Nope, thats the same black with white writing. The only difference is that there is more dirt on it. Look carefully.

Very clever design for mounting the water bottle cage to the bottom of the top tube.

The term "solid" is been used a lot of times in the interview.

Does this mean the frame is kind of heavy?

Looking forward to seeing them racing, hoping they will do well.

when can we see a bike review of that beast?