Helmets..whats the best and the latest?

tunariaan

I've recently got a IXS Trail and it's been brilliant. Had Bell Super and found that to be really hot. That Spez looks good and there was a recently a Giant trail helmet that came out that was sneered about by many but has got rave reviews. 

My IXS has MIPS but haven't crashed in it so can't tell you if there is any difference. ;)

http://www.bikeradar.com/mtb/gear/category/helmets-and-protection/helmet-standard/product/review-giant-rail-mtb-helmet-49952/

Chain Reaction was having a clearance on Troy Lee helmets recently.

I got the giant Rail and it rocks.

Been riding with a POC Trabec for a while, which offers a lot of protection but gets quite hot.

Ordered a Giro Chronicle MIPS which should arrive end of the week. Quite interested to try it out (but not the MIPS bit...) :eek:

I am using the helmet and it's by far the nicest helmet I've owned.

Bought from CRC around R2K for helmet, shipping and import duties/ vat.

T

Tony are you using this?

Price and where did you buy?

My Giro Chronicle arrived over the weekend - very nice!!!

Very comfortable fit - just need to get used to the large visor. Haven't done a very long ride with it yet, but feels reasonably airy so far.

• 1 year later...

Nobody mentioning Leatt!? Awesome helmets safety and looks wise. Pricing also fair. The DBX 2.0 can be found for around R1500 and the DBX 3.0 All Mtn for around R2000.

360 turbine technology is their version of MIPS, readily available locally and crash replacement on 3.0 ALL MTN and 2.0 so should def be on your list.

• 1 month later...

Urge Endur-O-Matic 2 Helmet

Fits like a "glove" um helmet....

No "mushroom" effect.

Fits like a glove

Cock ring included lol