Do eBikes belong on the mountain?

Bike Hub Features

So have the Specialized Levo in the garage (Bought it for my wife of course :whistling:  :whistling:  :whistling: )

Its going to be ridden for the first time this weekend in Dullstroom.

But i have to say these things are just mentally good fun. I have yet to see a guy come back from a ride without a huge silly grin on his face from when he goes up the first hill and the motor kicks in.

I can see what this is all about and why they are so popular.

Haters are gonna hate. EBikes are the future

People don't hate eBikes, they dislike lazy people who take short cuts.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So have the Specialized Levo in the garage (Bought it for my wife of course :whistling:  :whistling:  :whistling: )

Its going to be ridden for the first time this weekend in Dullstroom.

But i have to say these things are just mentally good fun. I have yet to see a guy come back from a ride without a huge silly grin on his face from when he goes up the first hill and the motor kicks in.

I can see what this is all about and why they are so popular.

Haters are gonna hate. EBikes are the future

of what?

Ai.. all these self proclaimed purists on here. Get dafuk over yourselves already.

I drive an automatic (90% of my driving time used to be in traffic)

I braai on a gas braai (I can braai any day of the week and eat within 10 to 30 minutes from lighting up to wolfing down my food)

And if I had the cash, there would have been a long travel e bike in my bike room by now. I can think of nothing nicer than a quick shred down Steilte before/ after work and an e bike will make that so much more accessible given that I have a day job and a family.

Ai.. all these self proclaimed purists on here. Get dafuk over yourselves already.

I braai on a gas braai (I can braai any day of the week and eat within 10 to 30 minutes from lighting up to wolfing down my food)

And if I had the cash, there would have been a long travel e bike in my bike room by now. I can think of nothing nicer than a quick shred down Steilte before/ after work and an e bike will make that so much more accessible given that I have a day job and a family.

I fear you proved the purists' point more than anything else here!

Use of "dafuk", wolf down braai meat, braai on gas, drive an automatic? When exactly did you die on the inside???

All in ebike/anti ebike jest of course. Buy an ebike if that's your thing.

#Triggered

You do most definitely sound like an e-bike kind of guy.  #buyit

I reckon if you can braai that easily you will get fat and therefore an eBike is more than justified in your special case. 

I think the e-bike manufactures/cycling journalists should work on some custom words that is more appropriate/related.  :whistling:

https://www.livestrong.com/article/417254-what-is-a-shredding-exercise/

The term “shredding exercise” refers to a workout that helps you burn fat and make your muscles appear more defined. Many programs promise to deliver those results, but success depends upon the right combination of diet, cardio exercises and weightlifting exercises. A slow and steady weight loss of 1 to 2 lbs. per week will make your results lasting and safe.

From a Pinkbike article on some new Rocky Mountain e-bike: 

[bernie-Sanders-mode:] The neoliberal order not only exploits our labor mercilessly so that we lack the time to go biking, but it even commands us to think of our free time in terms of effectivity and productivity, infesting our free time with the logic of capitalism. But instead of standing up against the erosion of our freedom we obey and we adapt and we go out and buy those 'very efficient' E-MTBs!!! E-MTBs are a tool of neoliberal exploitation because they suppress the idea of mountainbiking as ultimately purposeless fun and therefore individual freedom, and turn it into a tool of ruling the masses by the very promise, that everybody can become free by buying an E-MTB!

Read it in Sanders' raspy, throaty tone, with some finger wagging for extra measure. Brilliant!

dont worry, we wont hold it against you ....

but just for clarity .....

- Gas is used to "cook" meat ....

- WOOD is burnt, and the coals are used to BRAAI meat ....

but YES, ebikes are certainly not the devils spawn ....

I think I read some stats saying South Africans are the 3rd or 4th most miserable/complaining people in the world.

This thread just proves those stats correct.  haha

#getalife/rideabike/anyfuckingbike

I think I read some stats saying South Africans are the 3rd or 4th most miserable/complaining people in the world.

This thread just proves those stats correct. haha

#getalife/rideabike/anyfuckingbike

I’ve been saying that for years [emoji23]. The majority of my colleagues are at their happiest when they have something to complain about.