Do eBikes belong on the mountain?

Bike Hub Features

4 minutes ago, Eldron said:

If I found a company who's shoes added 250w to my power I would also buy their helmet, socks,  glasses, chamois cream, bar tape, saddle and valve inserts.

That's like 2kw extra. Step aside Pipo the TT stripes are mine!

Flip ... if I was you I would also get a tattoo of that companies corporate logo!

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/9/2021 at 10:53 PM, Emazing said:

With all the Ebikes and the massive growth in this market with waiting lists of e-bikes at stores world wide and the fastest growing bike segment in the world ref to USA/Eu and nearly 45% of Eurobike halls full of Ebikes - I suspect the nay sayers above in this thread we're the same old / young bunch that poopooed 29er wheels and tyres! 

All to soon these hard peddles will be alone on that big mountain with hundreds of happy (slightly less) fit (than they could have been on a normal bike) healthy Ebikes flying past them doning more km, jumping more trailes and  obviously showing empathy and pity to the bitter and bitterly slow riders trekking along. 

Happy riding folks. 

With all the Ebikes and the massive growth in this market with waiting lists of e-bikes at stores world wide and the fastest growing bike segment in the world ref to USA/Eu and nearly 45% of Eurobike halls full of Ebikes - I suspect the nay sayers above in this thread we're the same old / young bunch that poopooed 29er wheels and tyres! 

All to soon these hard peddles will be alone on that big mountain with hundreds of happy fit healthy Ebikes flying past them doning more km, jumping more trailes and  obviously showing empathy and pity to the bitter and bitterly slow riders trekking along. 

Happy riding folks. 

You chose your name so we all know you love your 'E". Eish.

Interesting part of the story is that this hospital has seen x 4 the number of e-bike injuries this year vs last year, the injuries are similar to motorcycle injuries and that many are not wearing helmets.
This brings about the thought that most are newer riders / social riders just getting about and do not, or have not developed decent cycling skills before getting on e-bikes.

The Dutch also saw a marked increase in accidents involving e-bikes a few years ago.

1 hour ago, Tatt said:

My plastic surgeon loves all cyclists, ebike or not. He has made a fortune over the last 10 years or so! 

You have a plastic surgeon on like speed dail? I even fiddle my thumbs when having to complete "name and contact details of your house doctor?" question.

All to soon these hard peddles will be alone on that big mountain with hundreds of happy fit healthy Ebikes flying past them doning more km, jumping more trailes and  obviously showing empathy and pity to the bitter and bitterly slow riders trekking along. 

Happy riding folks. 

Some okes! 

4 minutes ago, vanniri said:

You have a plastic surgeon on like speed dail? I even fiddle my thumbs when having to complete "name and contact details of your house doctor?" question.

Sad to say, but yes I do!! Had a branch go into my leg which took over a year to fix. And then there's all the other *** I've got up to which has made Netcare and Mediclinic rich! My bike value to hospital bill ratio currently stands at about 1:6..

Needless to say, I have just ordered an emtb..

Splinter.jpg

2 minutes ago, Tatt said:

Sad to say, but yes I do!! Had a branch go into my leg which took over a year to fix. And then there's all the other *** I've got up to which has made Netcare and Mediclinic rich! My bike value to hospital bill ratio currently stands at about 1:6..

Needless to say, I have just ordered an emtb..

Splinter.jpg

pfffftttt a pliers and a plaster is all that needed :P

2 hours ago, Tatt said:

My plastic surgeon loves all cyclists, ebike or not. He has made a fortune over the last 10 years or so! 

My orthopaedic surgeon says his kids go to the best schools and get overseas holidays because of us. More lucrative than motorbikes and rugby put together.

1 minute ago, Hairy said:

pfffftttt a pliers and a plaster is all that needed :P

That's what I thought and kind of what I did, and the reason why it took so long to heal. Bits of branch were left behind in my leg. And I'm still reaping the reward of not getting it surgically removed, bits of wood and twig still work their way to the surface!  

6 minutes ago, Tatt said:

That's what I thought and kind of what I did, and the reason why it took so long to heal. Bits of branch were left behind in my leg. And I'm still reaping the reward of not getting it surgically removed, bits of wood and twig still work their way to the surface!  

eww face meme - | Volleyball humor, Volleyball memes, Haha meme