Strava weekly mileage goals - should indoor training count?

HI Hubbers!

Speaking to some fellow cyclists over the weekend got me thinking - should indoor training contribute to your weekly goals (distance or time) on Strava? 

Give me your opinions! 

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HI Hubbers!

Speaking to some fellow cyclists over the weekend got me thinking - should indoor training contribute to your weekly goals (distance or time) on Strava? 

Give me your opinions! 

Yes, but (as they already do), they shouldn't count towards the challenges.

Yes, but (as they already do), they shouldn't count towards the challenges.

It won't contribute towards climbing challenges, unless you're using very fancy software. 

But why do you say that?

But why do you say that?

Because it's easier riding up Zwift mountain at a lower wattage and easier gearing, than it would be riding up an actual mountain, in my opinion.

Can just see the next wave of Stravaholes shouting "Strava!!!!!!" as they try overtake you in the spinning classes.

yip, i put everything on strava...  even a manual entry for a treadmill run  :ph34r:

the only thing is to be honest and let your workout stats resemble the actual amount of effort that you put in...   Not cool to set the Kickr on low resistance, pedal 45km/hr at 150W and claim 60km's for a 1h30 Zone 1 ride.