Recharging all your stuff...

Onlynine

I can see that there is a battery service if you have 'amped' battery...but is that the only option for recharging you camera, phone etc?

Thanks

Bo

Generally yes, unless you can make friends with someone with a plug point in the camp.

Always wise to take a car and plug in charger, as you will be able to make a plan.

Also bring a nice big additional battery...

Tom

I bought an Amped battery at the Sani2C a while ago, and yes they charge them. Unfortunately at that stage I had a Garmin which didn't want to charge on the battery. They did however have a little container thing there which had about 30 plugs that you could pay lets say R20 and have your stuff charged for 4h. This did help a lot of people. Not sure what event you are doing.

Basically Amped or rely on finding a plug socket... which is damn hard... but an amped will keep you charged fine - as long as you don't have a zillion devices.

I have a hydra headed cable which charges my Garmin and phone at the same time - and if push comes to shove I can use the built in one to charge my kindle too.

You don't have space to transport those if you are tenting it... maybe if you have a camper van

Thanks for the answers!

Is it easy to have the amped battery charged? I mean you just plug it in while you ride and collect afterwards?

Can you have two amped batteries if you want?

Yes, charge during the day and collect in the afternoon/evening.

I don't see any reason why you can't have two batteries - why don't you drop the Amped Team an email?

www.amped.co.za - you can message them on their site.

Tom

Edited by Tatt