I went shopping...

AndreZA

After my ride Saturday morning I decided to go and get some quotes for my new MTB. I have decided to get the GT Avalanche 1.0 Disc. It's got a RRP of R6250 and saw that most shop used the number as a starting point. this is the quotes I got. The only negotiation was sking for a "cash price".

Linden:   ticket = R6250   with discount = R5620

Westdene:  ticket = R6250   with discount = R5670

Westrand:  ticket = R6750   with discount = R6250

Fritz Pienaar:  ticket = R6245   with discount = -5% if I spend it on accessories in the shop

Cycle Lab: do not stock GT or anything alse in that price range.

I must say Fitz Pienaar was the only one that let me ride the bike outside the shop although the gears was not working. But I did know more about the bike and the components then the sales person.

At the end of the day I ended up in a computer shop and got me a external hard drive for my PC.

Noooooo.....!!! Mampara you NEED to buy a MTB! we want to take you riding again!

Seriously, the GT looks like a nice bike.

Mampara, I know that Cajees is not everyones cup of tea, but give them a call to find out what they'll charge.

They generally undercut most if not all bike shops.

Big%20smile

Have you tried Solomon's man????? I got my groupset there this weekend and no - one coud beat their price....who knows tell them what prices you got & if they can better it...was worth the drive to PTA for me...SAVE WHERE YOU CAN...

"DTThumbs%20Up"

DT, for it to be worthwhile buying in Pretoria you need to save about R300-R500. But I'll give them a call anyway.