[Event] FINE Breede MTB

EstelleVosloo

Event Name: FINE Breede MTB
When: 17 March 2017 - 18 March 2017
Where: Breerivier Primary School, Breerivier (between Worcester and, Western Cape
Category: MTB

Meandering through some of South Africa’s award-winning vineyards and boarded by unique fynbos is the FINE Breede MTB. The home of this famous MTB challenge is the Breërivier Primary School, just 26km from Worcester on the R43 on your way to Ceres.

It is time for this annual event, which will take place on 17 and 18 March 2017, features as one of the main attractions for cyclists on the MTB calendar and is probably the only race where you have the unique opportunity to walk away with your weight in wine!

18km

For the less experienced rider or those who want to take things slightly easier the 18km route is just the right thing. The route will take the rider along the De Liefde road riding side-by-side with a fragrant citrus orchard. The route then winds its way along the Breederiver riverbed and along the railway line. While trains in general are few and far between it may interrupt your ride. Please adhere to the marshal’s discretion. You are now on "the Queen's Walk Way". In 1947 Queen Elizabeth walked on this road from the station to have tea with the Van der Merwe family.

Starting time is 8:30 on the 18th March for this 18km, 175m climb route.

30km

If you are up for more of a challenge why not give the 30km-route a go?

A technically challenging and known as the toughest middle route on the Pedal Power Association’s calendar this 872m climb will be demanding.

This race starts at 08:00 on the day, offers 4 trajectories and comes with a serious warning from race officials and accustomed riders totaling a 846m-climb!

Do not consider if you are inexperienced or unfit.

60km

But, it is the legendary 60km 1350m climb that really excites the toughest riders.

The first climb will take the riders on a 3.2km 190m climb named De Liefde – nothing loving about that! Boesmanskop follows with a steep 1,5km 128m climb. The third trajectory will separate riders with an endurance testing 3,8km 190 climb up Mispel Monster. An escape route at 42km gives riders a chance to back out before it is too late… The last trajectory up Blueberry Hill could be the straw that breaks the donkey’s back at 114m climb over 1.6km.

Definitely only for the fit, technically advanced and experienced.

The night ride

This night ride is a fun event with no timing or rewards for the first finishers. This ride takes place on the night before the big race event. Wear your best “glow in the dark” outfit and stand a chance to win the “Glow-worm / Fire-fly “ award.

On entry you will receive a reflective band which you will wear during the ride and which you have to hand in at the finish to receive a light meal in return. For your own safety have a phone available – emergency number will be provided and try to ride in groups.

Late entries for the night ride starts at 17H30 on 17 March 2017.

It’s about the fun too!

The FINE Breede MTB is an event for the whole family and is certainly not something that should be missed! Of course the best Food Stalls will fill tummies and the traditional Potjiekos-competition causes quite a stir every year. A cash bar is on hand for a nice cold-one.

Child Care

Moms and dads can rest assured that while they are battling the elements, and the route, their kids are in safe hands. Every year the event organizers transform their local pre-primary school into a pretty amazing fun and safe play zone for kids.

Visit the www.breedemtb.co.za for more info on starting times and race fees. Special rates apply for PPA members. Online entries through Racetec open on 15 February 2017. The cut-off time for all races is 13h00 and the prize giving and lucky draw will take place at 12:30.

Go to Event Page

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love this race, just a pity they moved the date. Now I have to find a new April race.

Event Name: FINE Breede MTB

When: 17 March 2017 - 18 March 2017

Where: Breerivier Primary School, Breerivier (between Worcester and, Western Cape

Category: MTB

Meandering through some of South Africa’s award-winning vineyards and boarded by unique fynbos is the FINE Breede MTB. The home of this famous MTB challenge is the Breërivier Primary School, just 26km from Worcester on the R43 on your way to Ceres.

It is time for this annual event, which will take place on 17 and 18 March 201, features as one of the main attractions for cyclists on the MTB calendar and is probably the only race where you have the unique opportunity to walk away with your weight in wine!

18km

For the less experienced rider or those who want to take things slightly easier the 18km route is just the right thing. The route will take the rider along the De Liefde road riding side-by-side with a fragrant citrus orchard. The route then winds its way along the Breederiver riverbed and along the railway line. While trains in general are few and far between it may interrupt your ride. Please adhere to the marshal’s discretion. You are now on "the Queen's Walk Way". In 1947 Queen Elizabeth walked on this road from the station to have tea with the Van der Merwe family.

Starting time is 8:30 on the 18th March for this 18km, 175m climb route.

30km

If you are up for more of a challenge why not give the 30km-route a go?

A technically challenging and known as the toughest middle route on the Pedal Power Association’s calendar this 872m climb will be demanding.

This race starts at 08:00 on the day, offers 4 trajectories and comes with a serious warning from race officials and accustomed riders totaling a 846m-climb!

Do not consider if you are inexperienced or unfit.

60km

But, it is the legendary 60km 1350m climb that really excites the toughest riders.

The first climb will take the riders on a 3.2km 190m climb named De Liefde – nothing loving about that! Boesmanskop follows with a steep 1,5km 128m climb. The third trajectory will separate riders with an endurance testing 3,8km 190 climb up Mispel Monster. An escape route at 42km gives riders a chance to back out before it is too late… The last trajectory up Blueberry Hill could be the straw that breaks the donkey’s back at 114m climb over 1.6km.

Definitely only for the fit, technically advanced and experienced.

The night ride

This night ride is a fun event with no timing or rewards for the first finishers. This ride takes place on the night before the big race event. Wear your best “glow in the dark” outfit and stand a chance to win the “Glow-worm / Fire-fly “ award.

On entry you will receive a reflective band which you will wear during the ride and which you have to hand in at the finish to receive a light meal in return. For your own safety have a phone available – emergency number will be provided and try to ride in groups.

Late entries for the night ride starts at 17H30 on 17 March 2017.

It’s about the fun too!

The FINE Breede MTB is an event for the whole family and is certainly not something that should be missed! Of course the best Food Stalls will fill tummies and the traditional Potjiekos-competition causes quite a stir every year. A cash bar is on hand for a nice cold-one.

Child Care

Moms and dads can rest assured that while they are battling the elements, and the route, their kids are in safe hands. Every year the event organizers transform their local pre-primary school into a pretty amazing fun and safe play zone for kids.

Visit the www.breedemtb.co.za for more info on starting times and race fees. Special rates apply for PPA members. Online entries through Racetec open on 15 February 2017. The cut-off time for all races is 13h00 and the prize giving and lucky draw will take place at 12:30.

Go to Event Page

Can a person tackle the 60km route on a fatbike.

Did the argus 55km mtb in 4h20

Hi Jaco, the route is somewhat different to last year's.  Have a look at the Breede MTB facebook page / website for some inspiration!

If I win the 18km, can I also get my weight in Wine please?

Lol Brandon, if we did that who would race the 60km?

Lol Brandon, if we did that who would race the 60km?

Seker waar ja???? Entered the 60k, see you Saturday ????

Can a person tackle the 60km route on a fatbike.

Did the argus 55km mtb in 4h20

yes you can, you have to bear in mind the 1250m climb, will help on the sandy stretches

Will I be able to pick up my PPA MTB number at the event Saturday?

alternatifely pick it up from their offices in Kenilworth tomorrow of Friday still.

Big weekend of riding this weekend - 60k here and then 102 on the road in Malmesbury - actually a fair amount of driving too.

After Sunday the whole tarmac thing became to high risk for me.