Dirtopia 2017 Enduro season kicks off near Stellenbosch in April

News bot

That 2nd photo summarizes these events for me; standing/waiting an hour in a queue to spend 10 min racing. 

Wish we rather had the equivalent of Megavalanche.

In KZN they normally split the first 2 or 3 stages and you can do them in any order, but everyone finishes on the 4th. Works really well and the queues are never very long, also adds a bit of strategy into order selection.

As for the Mega, enter it....mates and I have entered and are going in July...serious boys road trip

how many ks per stage?

Will probably take at most 10 minutes riding time to complete all the stages. Did the last one last year and I'd estimate 1-2km per stage.

Will probably take at most 10 minutes riding time to complete all the stages. Did the last one last year and I'd estimate 1-2km per stage.

That is without the liaison stages that you have to ride of course...

That is without the liaison stages that you have to ride of course...

Yes true, I should have said "timed sections".

so i wont die using a 180mm bike with a low range gear ratio?

• 2 weeks later...

That 2nd photo summarizes these events for me; standing/waiting an hour in a queue to spend 10 min racing. 

Wish we rather had the equivalent of Megavalanche.

Yeah but dude, you can't ride these trails otherwi...oh, wait.

• 1 month later...

haha, well I guess everyone has their preference. I am new to enduro and I find whole concept amazing, Dirtopia have put on a great event and I love every second of it, even the 780m + climbing over 20km. I love the rush, the go as fast as you can without falling and that near fall, make it heart pounding. The social aspect is also very cool and everyone has been really friendly and helpful.

Someone always has to poop on a great event.