Achilles nightmare

1q2w3e

I have just ruptured my achilles tendon, it snapped right in half while i was playing squash. Loud noise, blinding pain. Had surgery on friday, now I'm in a cast-thing. I am so depressed I could actually cry. No squash for a year, no cycling for 2 months. No flat walking for up to 6 months. Trying to take a dump is like stephen hawking doing yoga.

Has anyone else had an achilles story? Is there a good side to this - any good news at all? Someone please tell me that I will recover and be fit again. This no exercise thing is starting to do my head in.

ouch!!

join the queue 1g.... myself, Hog and Mrmed's wife are hubbers that I'm aware of that are in that horrible 'time-out' zone...

geez, hope you make a fast recovery

maybe try chess or something Smile

Guest colonel

NO good news atall except the noise it makes is pretty impressive. A mate of mine did it aswell and I was with and with the noise and all we thought he had been hit by a stray bullet.

yeeeeeeeeeeeouch!!! follow the doctors orders.... and when you get the go-ahead to start training again go see a good reputable biokineticist

So not every cloud has a silver lining.

When the doctor told me no sport for 6 months min, I asked him what should I do? You know what he said? "Sell your squash raquet!"

What I cant figure out is why it happended. It was the 5th game of the match. The only thing I reckon is that i did a spin class the night before and they did this wierd standing up and running sort of move on the bike. May that strained my achilles too much?

Ever been in a K1' date=' try paddling. Your direction could be a bit off till you gett he hang of it Tongue[/quote']

Hey - that is one thing you haven't broken yet... (or have you?)

So not every cloud has a silver lining.

When the doctor told me no sport for 6 months min' date=' I asked him what should I do? You know what he said? "Sell your squash raquet!"

What I cant figure out is why it happended. It was the 5th game of the match. The only thing I reckon is that i did a spin class the night before and they did this wierd standing up and running sort of move on the bike. May that strained my achilles too much?[/quote']

Why didn't you get them to set your cleat into the castBig%20smile

ouch man, that sounds painfull!!!

hope you get better quick and on the bike in no time!

...a mate of mine had exactly the same thing mate! Yours was at least from something constructive as his was from a "footskating" injury. All told I think his rehab has taken some 18 months although cycling was utilised after a few months in the rehab programme! Get well soon!

same old story - lots of rest, and your leg will waste away a bit, but you will be back to where you were. Will just be a bit tight, but you'll be able to be back with a bit of patience and hard work.

But as for the snap, one of my mates had the exact same thing, also in the final game of a match. He didn't know what happened, just couldn't walk, but we all heard the snap. He's back on now, nursing it back. Make sure to stretch it properly when you've recovered!!! And yes, see a biokineticist. That is a MUST!

You'll be back though.

Ah,that's not good to hear!

My dad snapped his off chasing after a burglar! That was 4years ago. The doctor who did the operation said he'll only be able to start cycling again in 6months. And he couldn't except that.

Thanks to the internet,he did some research and found a Doctor Setti who is really good,he followed his advice and after 6weeks he was on the trainer doing 15min at a time.

He lost a lot of carve muscle and was very stiff,but the worst was knee aches when he started riding on the road again. Try and do leg extension's,that will keep the knee mobile and in working condition.

All the best with recovery!

ouch!!

join the queue 1g.... myself' date=' Hog and Mrmed's wife are hubbers that I'm aware of that are in that horrible 'time-out' zone...

geez, hope you make a fast recovery

maybe try chess or something Smile
[/quote']

I'll be joining y'all from tomorrow! Off for at least 2 weeks then we'll see says the surgeon ........