Cape Town Cycle Tour Trust appeals to riders and supporters to save water

News bot

The Western Cape is experiencing its worst drought in 100 years. As organisers of a responsible event, the Cape Town Cycle Tour Trust (CTCTT) consciously plans around the social- and environmental impact of the Cape Town Cycle Tour.

Click here to view the article

all guateng riders must bring there own water.the water here is only for the westerncape cyclist.u guys receive lots of rain down there :clap:

Are some of you later starters considering taking Camelbacks along in case waterpoints run dry the afternoon? (I know the early starters would never consider it and normally have a two bottle and no stops strategy) 

I normally fill my two bottles up twice on route.

Some people on this forum would have you hanged, drawn and quartered for daring to mention a Camelbak....

Are some of you later starters considering taking Camelbacks along in case waterpoints run dry the afternoon? (I know the early starters would never consider it and normally have a two bottle and no stops strategy) 

Some people on this forum would have you hanged, drawn and quartered for daring to mention a Camelbak....

I know, that's why I am asking permission first. :whistling:

Edited by Dubbin

Not at your level of racing, Mamil

Those are for the backmarkers

#bidon

Bring your Camelbak along. Don't worry about the status quo, start a revolution. 

If you're staying in a B&B or even an hotel maybe consider showering with a bucket in the shower and use that water to flush the toilet.

all guateng riders must bring there own water.the water here is only for the westerncape cyclist.u guys receive lots of rain down there :clap:

*up there.

We higher than you[emoji16]

Most of us should know how to use it sparingly as although we have had a lot of rain recently we have been on water restrictions since late last year. Pity we can't drain some of our overflowing dams down to you.

Sent from my LG-H735 using Tapatalk

*up there.

We higher than you[emoji16]

Most of us should know how to use it sparingly as although we have had a lot of rain recently we have been on water restrictions since late last year. Pity we can't drain some of our overflowing dams down to you.

Sent from my LG-H735 using Tapatalk

If you're staying in a B&B or even an hotel maybe consider showering with a bucket in the shower and use that water to flush the toilet.

We're staying in an airbnb rental and are doing exactly that.