L’Etape South Africa secures Andy Schleck as official ambassador

News bot

The Midlands, Kwa-Zulu Natal is set to host the first L’Etape South Africa by Le Tour de France event on 2 April 2017. Immersed in the unrivalled atmosphere of Le Tour de France, L’Etape South Africa will be operated under professional race conditions and will replicate a stage of Le Tour de France. Adding to this once in a lifetime experience, will be the participation of 2010 Tour de France winner as well as 2009 and 2011 TDF runner up, Andy Schleck.

Click here to view the article

Who's in for this?

There seems to be no enthusiasm from anyone in Jhb to enter - what gives?

Who's in for this?

There's a few ppl I know that are going

20 from my club, and another 8 or 9 from another local club (group of friends).

Most of the above at riding in the team category (we have 3 members doing the solo).

Who's in for this?

What Gerald said. 

Jens the denialist? No thanks.  I always liked Andy even if Bjarne changed his blood weekly.

Does this event accept bikes with disc brakes? After the non event in Cape Town today a road trip might be in order. Straight past the One Hundred and Aaaaaaaattttyyyy on to the Midlands.

Who's in for this?

I'm super keen, but I will need to get this past my Doc and my wife... as it will be less than 5 weeks after my clavicle op.... my goal is simply get back to "RIDE" this event.

But who is this Andy guy they keep talking about?

Edited by Patchelicious

I'm super keen, but I will need to get this past my Doc and my wife... as it will be less than 5 weeks after my clavicle op.... my goal is romaine it back to "RIDE" this event.

Do it Patch.  We are coming up from the Fairest...which after today, I am doubly excited about!!

Do it Patch. We are coming up from the Fairest...which after today, I am doubly excited about!!

Just do it.. I agree.. I need company at the back, you can share your knowledge with me..don't think Andy is going to hang out with me.

I'm super keen, but I will need to get this past my Doc and my wife... as it will be less than 5 weeks after my clavicle op.... my goal is simply get back to "RIDE" this event.

Showing your newbie status? Haha

No disc brakes allowed so I'm out. Glad I asked before I pushed the button.

post-35786-0-53465500-1489396109_thumb.jpg