Evans Cycles - Royal Mail

Zorro5614

I was in contact with Evans Cycles and they have offered to resend my order with DHL.  Will this be wrong of me to accept this offer as it mostly likely stuck somewhere in JHB?

They did say it would 9-12 day delivery, it has been three weeks

Edited by Zorro5614

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Be patient, ordered something last year December, it only arrived last week.

ok Be very very patient.

there is no way of tracking it

Patience when waiting for bike parts?? Come on man, let's get real here ;)

Patience when waiting for bike parts?? Come on man, let's get real here ;)

Patience is not one of my strong points.  I want my crank and I want it now!

Edited by Zorro5614

I was in contact with Evans Cycles and they have offered to resend my order with DHL. Will this be wrong of me to accept this offer as it mostly likely stuck somewhere in JHB?

Accept, then if the first one arrives, do the right thing and let them know.

I had more success on this number lately....you still need to wait couple of minutes before they answer. They can track it on your name and give you local tracking number

086 0111 502

All my orders though Evans have only had the option of DHL and all been delivered within 3 to 4 days of ordering, brilliant! The last time I ordered, one item was not in stock and was then sent separately a few days later, but via Royal Mail (not by my choice), no tracking number, and still no parcel. I emailed them on Sunday, they said oops must be last in transit and promptly despatched another, using Royal frigging Mail again! Hope it arrives this time.

Further to the above, I suggested they try and trace it from there side first, before sending another......they didn't seem to bothered .

I went to JIMC today to try root out a parcel that has been stuck in a loop there since Nov ....  krikey what a depressing place, staffed by arrogant halfwits if the gate security are any thing to go by ... I didn't manage to get further than that.

only one word for postal service here: FAIL

The problem is not Royal Mail. I ordered from Totalcycling and it took 3 days to arrive in SA, then it just sits there waiting for someone at JIMC to scan it in. When it eventually goes to customs it takes a day or two then it will be shipped to your mail centre. That should be less than a week. If you do order another crank from Evans what will you do with the first one. I am sure you will be liable for sending it back to Evans. There has to be some sort of tracking number from Evans which you can then enter on international tracking site, but all it will show you also is that it arrived in SA. If JIMC haven't scanned it yet its useless anyway.

In the past I always used Express Mail International, SAPO used to deliver at my front door, 3 to 4 days max. I haven't seen this option for some time now, so it's DHL for now.

I'd rather pay a bit more and get my goodies in a few days.

I was in contact with Evans Cycles and they have offered to resend my order with DHL.  Will this be wrong of me to accept this offer as it mostly likely stuck somewhere in JHB?

I have ordered a few things from evans in the past and never had a problem.   9 to 10 days to make its way to SA, and then it takes at least that long to clear customs. expect two to three weeks...Then again I made an order from CWC two week ago, only arrived today...stupid thing is I only live 30km from the shop....

Edited by MDK!

Hi all. I also placed an order with Wiggle in November. Same story - Royal Mail. Tried contacting Wiggle asking for a tracking number, but no success. Just about given up getting the package. But seems I'm not the only one in this position. Who knows, might arrive sometime this year. Another case of school fees I guess

Hopefully they will just drop this normal mail option. Not that much cheaper than DHL. They should learn quickly that SAPO is useless