Santa Cruz revive the Chameleon

News bot

Dirt or asphalt, mountain or urban, geared or singlespeed—the moniker Chameleon has never rang more true than on this updated-for-2017 Santa Cruz classic. Upsized to either 29-inch or 27.5+ wheels, the Chameleon shifts from trail rally sled to bikepacker to winter slayer with simple, elegant aplomb. The wheel change is accomplished via interchangeable dropouts, and there's a singlespeed version for each wheel size—geared dropouts are 148mm-spaced, and singlespeed are 142mm.

Click here to view the article

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

word on the street from another site is that the frame could even run a 140mm fork?

Finally - a sensible hard tail. Can't find the price on the website though...

The bare frame, which is said to weigh 4.6lbs, sells for $749 USD, and complete bikes start at $1,599 and top out at $1,999 USD. 

Waterbottle mounts on the downtube though!!!!

2 x Water Bottle mounts. Below downtube and in the usual spot in the main triangle. 

Waterbottle mounts on the downtube though!!!!

Bike packing folks use the downtube bottle cage a lot as a framebag takes the space in the triangle... 

The bare frame, which is said to weigh 4.6lbs, sells for $749 USD, and complete bikes start at $1,599 and top out at $1,999 USD. 

Yes, but that's meaningless here in SA...

word on the street from another site is that the frame could even run a 140mm fork?

YEah, but with such a slack HA already, why even bother with that.  Slap a 120mm Pike on this and be a happy man.