Rocky Mountain South Africa

Staggreen

Well, they are not bringing in any 2017 bikes, and from what I can tell, they will only be bringing in 2018 bikes which have not been launched yet.

Would just like RMB South Africa to clear up the rumors going around. 

well rumours often start on social media.................have you tried to contact them yet in order to get the real deal info from them?

well rumours often start on social media.................have you tried to contact them yet in order to get the real deal info from them?

You are right Hairy, was not my intention to start rumors, I apologise. My only intention in starting this conversation here is to try and elicit an official response from RMB SA.

I kind of know what is going on from the ground staff, would just like RMB SA HQ (Hullabaloo) to make an official statement as to what is going on, otherwise expressing my knowledge of the issue could also be seen as a rumor ;-)

I am fond of Rocky, and do not want to see the name tarnished in SA.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi guys,

I can help with parts and technical queries,currently the RMB parts distributor in SA.

pm me if needed

Will you be bringing in RM bikes? or is there no importer in SA anymore?

Will you be bringing in RM bikes? or is there no importer in SA anymore?

The fact that this question must be asked is probably the saddest post on the hub today! 

Massive fail for a great bike!

Obviously SA isn't a big market for the Canadian brand but they failed to keep an eye on how the brand was being run locally and how quickly 'they' found out that maintaining a brand needs a good network of retailers to sell, service and support the customers investing in the brand.

Real pity.

So according to my knowledge Hullabaloo were looking at changing the local sales model of RM completely. As a retailer you had to do an upfront order for the following year, and commit to the stock you ordered. Now as a retail shop to carry that kind of risk is impossible as you had to get specific models and sizing correct, otherwise you would sit sit with the stock. I think thats where the RM brand in South Africa failed. Sad story, awesome bike.

The fact that this question must be asked is probably the saddest post on the hub today! 

Massive fail for a great bike!

Obviously SA isn't a big market for the Canadian brand but they failed to keep an eye on how the brand was being run locally and how quickly 'they' found out that maintaining a brand needs a good network of retailers to sell, service and support the customers investing in the brand.

Real pity.

Indeed...excellent bikes that we no longer have access to...

So according to my knowledge Hullabaloo were looking at changing the local sales model of RM completely. As a retailer you had to do an upfront order for the following year, and commit to the stock you ordered. Now as a retail shop to carry that kind of risk is impossible as you had to get specific models and sizing correct, otherwise you would sit sit with the stock. I think thats where the RM brand in South Africa failed. Sad story, awesome bike.

100% correct, that is what the Distributor must do for the retailer. Keep stock based on historical and industry experience, and maintain the integrity of the supply chain. Take forward cover and work with the manufacturer to make the relationship and the business work. 

I'm really happy with my Instinct and it's bad that Rocky Mountain didn't make it locally. When I was in British Columbia last year, Rocky Mountains was one of the most popular bikes around (obviously because they are based over there).