modifying a Thule bike rack for a 27.5+ wheel

L.T.G

My 6Fattie's wheels don't fit in the grooves of my Thule bike rack.

The wheel rests on top of the "wheel holder" (don't know what to call it) so isn't flush as can been seen here.

post-6012-0-19342400-1489756500_thumb.jpg

I can rest it on the "wheel holder" but that's not safe and I've cracked one already.

These racks were made in a time when there weren't that many plus size wheeled bikes around.

I have one of these

post-6012-0-38175400-1489756116_thumb.jpg

side view 

post-6012-0-03798400-1489756136_thumb.jpg

any suggestions of what to do or what anyone with a similar problem has done to so sort it out?

Cheapest would be to let some air out of the tyre so that it can "nest" in the wheel holder.

Only down side is you have to inflate your wheels every time you take the bike off the rack. 

I know on my dads rack there is a nut at the bottom you can loosen and slide it left and right. Maybe yours cN slide?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know on my dads rack there is a nut at the bottom you can loosen and slide it left and right. Maybe yours cN slide?

They can slide, left and right.. but that won't make it wider... so far Myles is getting chicken dinner :thumbup:

They can slide, left and right.. but that won't make it wider... so far Myles is getting chicken dinner :thumbup:

apologies i misread your post.

A hairdryer and some patience. Soften the plastic, bend it slightly and hold it in the desired position until it cools.

Dont think a hairdryer is going to work that plastic is fairly hard, however a heat gun will work a lot quicker????