Clean protein powders and bars

So, all the experts in hubland convinced me to avoid FitChef. Thanks for the input.

I took my money and went to see a sports nutritionist who has given me lots of input and guidance. I'm really happy with her advice.

I'm looking for a "clean" protein powder and bar that I can use when I have no time to fit in a meal or have that dreaded late afternoon hunger pang. The requirement is that they are low in fat, sugar and carbs.

Advice please.

Whey protein powder you can take as a supplement.

As for protein bars, look at Keto Sports Nutrition

Which brand of whey do you recommend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This. 

I'm using Nutritech Pure Whey. Relatively low in carbs, low in fat and pretty high in protein.

3g carbs & 23g protein per serving. And it's clean, according to the tin. 

Edited by Myles Mayhew

Which brand of whey do you recommend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Am currently using Evox http://www.evox.co.za/

They also do protein bars which have tried.

If you need to supplement protein with carbs when cycling (periodic carbo loading), I currently mix peptopro with carbs in my bottles.  Available at Dischem

Optimum nutrition gold standard whey , mixes in milk/water with no more than a butter knife to stir it . Try it , you will like it . Pricey though

Pricey because its quality. All supplements are incredibly over priced, but you get what you pay for.

Done some research online...ON Gold Standard is one of the highest rated in terms of quality.

Whey protein is pretty insulinogenic. In fact even MORE so than white bread by all accounts. Simply put, you're going to get spikes in glucose-dependent insolinotropic peptide. This slows down digestion, ramps up insulin production, increases glucose absorption and slows down fatty acid oxidation and sets your body's energy storage mode to 'ON'. So, not really 'Keto' at all.

If you have insulin resistance, whey would seem like a bad option. If you're not IR, you can can find your whey protein in my bin outside on a Wednesday  :whistling:

So, all the experts in hubland convinced me to avoid FitChef. Thanks for the input.

I took my money and went to see a sports nutritionist who has given me lots of input and guidance. I'm really happy with her advice.

I'm looking for a "clean" protein powder and bar that I can use when I have no time to fit in a meal or have that dreaded late afternoon hunger pang. The requirement is that they are low in fat, sugar and carbs.

Advice please.

As a rule of thumb, DO NOT EAT BARS.

Eat a banana or something but don't eat overpriced, processed crap that's bad for you...

I am also seeing a nutritionist just to see once what the correct nutrition is for me. I am eating more than ever now but still drop weight and bf is below 10%. Energy levels constant and fitness best in years. Money well

spent

Have a look at www.whynucleo.com

I have started using it as a breakfast as I rarely have time to eat before 10am. I understand you can have it mid-afternoon as well

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

1st Optimum nutrition my choice

2nd dymatize iso whey is also very good but hard to come by

3rd Muscle Tech

My tummy is very sensitive and being lactose intolerant only these 3 work for me, i tried BSN and it still irritates my tummy a little.