How many injuries have you had? See picture below . . .

Bonus

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A boss of mine years ago used to do Karate and had to go to Casualty with a dōjō induced injury once.

The nurse insisted on putting down the cause of the injury as "fighting . . . "

lol popped out my right shoulder at Karate doing push up where you loft yourself up and clap hands whilst mid air ... landed badly and the shoulder went out .... tip over to the right side and it popped back in. Was not fun, and it ruined my baseball arm / throwing arm.

Just a couple of stitches from rugby with a couple of badly sprained ankles, and skin loss from cycling....nothing too serious fortunately.

I don't want to sound like a broke record but if THUMB AND BUM is mentioned in any thread,,,V12 always seems to find it ;)

hahahahaha. Thanks Dipper

Who would want to beat up an introvert like yourself?

Surprisingly, school bullies dislike reason and logic even less than most Hubbers ;)

Edited by Patchelicious

After seeing my son dive to block goals on the hockey field today and dive to stop passes..I am waiting for our next ER visit.

i married a hokkie bokkie  :wub:

tough as nails I tell you

Aaaaah, I wondered who Gen was married to...

I see you in EC though; divorced?

Aaaaah, I wondered who Gen was married to...

I see you in EC though; divorced?

Gen's hubby isn't on of the Bike Hub, iirc. And she coaches hockey. Her son's team.

Sent from my SM-J200H using Tapatalk

Gen's hubby isn't on of the Bike Hub, iirc. And she coaches hockey. Her son's team.

Sent from my SM-J200H using Tapatalk

#oepsie

Elbow after my first and (so far) last fall of a mtb very shortly after I took up the sport. Needed minor surgery under local anesthetic to clean properly, 8 stitches one gruesome photo and a cool story from the incident, actually pales in comparison to most injuries listed here.

Rugby 4 concussions 1 of which led to hospitalization for a couple of days

post-83996-0-18626000-1489865434_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sitting@89

I have a friend who is a doctor. He loves his job. I wouldn't last 5 minutes with stuff like that

From cycling...Broken scapula, dislocated shoulder, 2 cracked vertebrae, concussion, broken teeth. Thats from one crash. Non cycling related...both arms broken, simultaneously, dislocated knee and every single running related injury. And I can confirm that out of all this nothing hurts like ITBs.

Elbow after my first and (so far) last fall of a mtb very shortly after I took up the sport. Needed minor surgery under local anesthetic to clean properly, 8 stitches one gruesome photo and a cool story from the incident, actually pales in comparison to most injuries listed here.

Rugby 4 concussions 1 of which led to hospitalization for a couple of days

I also have a pic like that.. same thing.. had to be cleaned out while they picked out the stones from the wound lol.. those damn injuries are sensitive for long after.

Thankfully nothing serious. The worst of which were cracked ribs on 2 occasions.

And some internal bruising. I distinctly remember the last incident, knowing it was going to happen. The anticipation of pain. Was going way too fast for my own good, over cooked a corner, pitched the bike and smashed into a tree with the side of my torso taking all the impact.

I remember laying there for a minute or two. Got up after I caught my breath and dusted myself off. In that moment I felt okay enough to head back up for one more run. So I did. But halfway down I felt woozy and lightheaded. I slowed down, stopped. Got off the bike. Walked around a little. Something was wrong but I couldn't tell what. Then I suddenly got this overwhelming urge to throw up. Which I did. Got my helmet off just in time too. Man that would have sucked if I threw up in my helmet.  

Eventually I saw the x-rays. Two of the tiniest hairline cracks in 2 of my ribs.

Torn cartilage between the ribs and some bruising thanks to the floating ribs poking me on the inside. Man did it hurt. Every breath for the first few days between painkillers. 

Then for a couple of weeks every sneeze or cough was just torture. 

I couldn't bend down. Every time I stood up or sat down I had to brace myself for pain. 

Sexy time was just impossible. And laughter was probably the worst pain of them all.

Mmmmm. Ek weet nie so lekka van die sport af nie.

Most of my injuries are from my younger days. Mostly skin and some deep cuts. Luckily no broken bones.

Does gallstones count? That crap would make anybody bend over backwards with pain. Guaranteed!