How many injuries have you had? See picture below . . .

Bonus

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pitchas for you Hairy

Broken Tibial Plateau (Knee) in a very insignificant fall in Lesotho. Three ops later and a knee replacement scheduled for next month.

post-25293-0-21281700-1490172043_thumb.jpg

post-25293-0-73787100-1490172065_thumb.jpg

post-25293-0-12654100-1490172086_thumb.jpg

Pitchas for you Hairy

Broken Tibial Plateau (Knee) in a very insignificant fall in Lesotho. Three ops later and a knee replacement scheduled for next month.

pfffttt, that will buff right out :P

A few HUBBERS will remember IRON my eyes still water when I recall him explaining his injuiry,,,,,,,I just can't be sure if it was on the hub that I read it or another forum, all I can say is it's not an injuiry any of us want

I'll take the above loooong lists over his one bail,,,any day of the week

Now I am super curious about what happened!

Dislocated my knee when I was a a lity and dislocated my elbow a couple years ago from MTBing. No broken bones yet.

Just remebered, got hit in the face while trying to load a crossbow in December last year, when I got to the dentist he was pulling out pieces of my teeth from my bottom lip, wasn't really painful though, worst thing about that one is the cost of the veneers, I still havent managed to save up for that.

Shocked at how many injuries some of you guys got... wtf? hectic!

First Break:

http://i571.photobucket.com/albums/ss153/Patch-elicious/first%20break_zpsyyobzs2j.jpeg?t=1490173738

They put a plate in, said don't fall on it!!!

So I fell on it......

This is the second break.

ER:

http://i571.photobucket.com/albums/ss153/Patch-elicious/FullSizeRender_zpszy737h0d.jpg

X-Ray:

ER Doctor at Sandton Mediclinic wanted to send me home like this and said that Dr McDonald my orthpod, would see me in 2 weeks, I told him to get ******. (I will still write about Dr McDonald not looking at my X-rays properly even after I asked him too, as I was suffering from bad pain. Turns out that right at the top of the X-ray report they mentioned 3 fractured ribs.... I was only told this by my physio 10 days after operation.... orthpod kept telling me there is nothing else wrong )

http://i571.photobucket.com/albums/ss153/Patch-elicious/IMG_6937_zpslf4wdyh3.jpg

Souvenir:

http://i571.photobucket.com/albums/ss153/Patch-elicious/IMG_6634_zpsnlusx4sq.jpg

Was back on the IDT 4 days later. Got back on the bike outside yesterday, 3 weeks to the day after Op.

Edited by Patchelicious

A few HUBBERS will remember IRON my eyes still water when I recall him explaining his injuiry,,,,,,,I just can't be sure if it was on the hub that I read it or another forum, all I can say is it's not an injuiry any of us want

I'll take the above loooong lists over his one bail,,,any day of the week

What did he do?

Nothing much cycling, skinned knees and elbows mainly. Not so lucky in other sports though.

Rugby - Broken collarbone and a concussion (2 different incidents)

Soccer - Dislocated kneecap (most painful experience of my life)

Drunken garden cricket - Torn ligaments in my wrist

Oddly enough, I haven't broken anything (other than my fragile male ego) whilst MTBing.

Most significant crashes lately have been my pedal relieving my shins of some skin and meat, rag dolling down a hill, front flipping OTB and landing in trailside brush and a high speed sidewalk lay-down.

Every time I just walk away with some bruising and a little less skin.

I'm starting to think that I may be the real life version of Bruce Willis' character in 'Unbreakable'.

I will still write about Dr McDonald not looking at my X-rays properly even after I asked him too, as I was suffering from bad pain.

Shocking :-(

A complaint to the HPCSA will be in order