Stenerhag and Suss consolidate Absa Cape Epic lead

News bot

It's rather disappointing to see that Luthi and Morath are struggling. Nothing against Adelheid, but it just goes to show that experience and an equally strong (or stronger) partner is required to win here. That being said, Araine hasn't been on form since 2015, I feel. Where I always felt she was untouchable, she seems to be struggling to keep up with the rest.

It's rather disappointing to see that Luthi and Morath are struggling. Nothing against Adelheid, but it just goes to show that experience and an equally strong (or stronger) partner is required to win here. That being said, Araine hasn't been on form since 2015, I feel. Where I always felt she was untouchable, she seems to be struggling to keep up with the rest.

Don't for 1 moment think that their position is due to Morath being a weak rider. She is miles stronger than Arianne. The ladies are just much stronger than Arianne that's all. Personally I think she is a bit burnt out. She is a wonderful person with amazing work ethics but the training, stress and personal issues unfortunately took its toll. This is my opinion

And Stenerhag is on another level than before. She was really focused and peaking at the right time. But its only stage 2, expect a fightback from Ascendis 

And Stenerhag is on another level than before. She was really focused and peaking at the right time. But its only stage 2, expect a fightback from Ascendis 

What he said about Stenerhag

Don't for 1 moment think that their position is due to Morath being a weak rider. She is miles stronger than Arianne. The ladies are just much stronger than Arianne that's all. Personally I think she is a bit burnt out. She is a wonderful person with amazing work ethics but the training, stress and personal issues unfortunately took its toll. This is my opinion

Plus 1

Ja so far almost all of the footage I have seen of the pair it seemed that Arianne was struggling

Ja so far almost all of the footage I have seen of the pair it seemed that Arianne was struggling

If you look at her pre Epic results, you could almost predict it. She just isnt herself. I feel really sorry for her. She seems to be very frustrated as well.

Stenerhag was very strong last year too.. but remember she developed that heart condition during the race last year, and ended up in hospital and had surgery to correct it, can't remember exactly what it was or if she always had it and it just surfaced during the race.

If you look at her pre Epic results, you could almost predict it. She just isnt herself. I feel really sorry for her. She seems to be very frustrated as well.

It happens hey.

Jys biased :-D

Both Stenerhag and De Groot is on a completely different level than before! It is great to see that Candice has climbed many steps as well. Hell, check how strong Mariska is now. Really makes me happy to see how these ladies improve. I think we have some of the best marathon ladies in the world now.

I think overall the women's standard and quality has increased this year. When I look at Theresa Ralph who in the past was runner up and podium she's out of top 10 in all the stages thus far. 

Edited by scotty

Absolutely agree with Jaco, Ariane is a strong rider, but every rider has their day. Jennie is on top form lately and has been for a while, as for Robyn, she is always consistent. Ariane might need to take a good break to fully recuperate, she has had a lot going on lately and has been mentally strong for a long time now.

I wasn't insinuating that Ariane was stronger than Adelheid, just that I am sad to see them struggling and that Ariane just isn't on form.

Must be very disappointing to win 5 years in a row and then just drop off like she has

Edited by Rick Grimes

Also, don't underestimate what happens when the aura of invincibility fades - just ask Tiger Woods.